Cycling Forums

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Germanrazor, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Well-Known Member

You too found this to be evident.....LOL

They are truly very narcissistic on that particular board for sure. I do go there to glean over things and correspond but when they start fanning people I jump out.

John_V likes this.
  2. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Well-Known Member

problem is......if their opinion mattered, I may care....LOL. But fortunately for me, I grew up in the school of hard knocks and move on.

John_V and rola643 like this.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Did I ban you? Either here or there? I can't even remember any more.

I have been banned from a firearms site. By IP address now. Because they have a moderator unfamiliar with current firearms laws, and he banned me for posting a perfectly legal firearm. I guess not even former police officers are aware that in some states, machine guns, suppressors, and short barrel rifles are legal. As are pistols with braces. I'd accept a banning for bad behavior, but not ignorance. :(

fpl1, John_V and Dos_Ruedas like this.
  4. maelochs

maelochs Old, fat, and slow

Yeah ... you should go shoot him. :)

longjohn and qmsdc15 like this.
  5. Industry_Hack

Noooo. He's old, and won't be around much longer. But my thing is target shooting with .22s now. Heck, I'm down to two bikes. Neither has suspension. The both have racks and fenders.

6. maelochs

maelochs Old, fat, and slow

Guns, like motorcycles, are things I cannot afford in terms of time or money. Always wanted a couple of bikes (road- and off-road) and I did own one briefly, but guns---not sufficient practical benefit for the cost involved. Both would fit into the category of "expensive toys," and I don't have the time or income to support more of those.

I already own more bicycles than I can ride. Adding a dusty gun-rack and a couple unused motorcycles would only compound the sin.

That doesn't stop me from looking up guns and bikes on the internet and pointlessly lusting .... but isn't that what the internet is for?

fpl1 and John_V like this.
  7. Industry_Hack

When I tell my wife I want a dirt bike, or a 4x4, or some car project, she just reminds me that I don't have time for any of that.

fpl1, maelochs and Dos_Ruedas like this.
  8. Merlincustom

Merlincustom Senior Member

^ your wife is just trying to help.

fpl1 likes this.
  9. Industry_Hack

She saw that our neighbor got a 4-wheeler, the kind you sit on, and said we should get a pair. Where I live, I can get a pretty nice Jeep for the price of two of those. This is the woman with a $122k titanium cage wrapped around her L5. She's not getting on a 4-wheeler.

Dos_Ruedas, fpl1 and John_V like this.
  10. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Rat Biker

Yep this is really the only one i come onto all be it not a lot yhese days. The mods and regular members here are about the best ive seen.

Industry_Hack, Dos_Ruedas and John_V like this.