Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we come to the last several weeks of the year it's time to start thinking about your cycling goals for next year. Mine are:

1) Log 4000 miles
2) Do at least 2 organized Century rides.
3) Do at least 1 organized charity ride per month between March and October.

Probably more, that will keep be busy for the moment.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
As we come to the last several weeks of the year it's time to start thinking about your cycling goals for next year. Mine are:

1) Log 4000 miles
2) Do at least 2 organized Century rides.
3) Do at least 1 organized charity ride per month between March and October.

Probably more, that will keep be busy for the moment.
Nice! Sounds like a very realistic, attainable goal. When you work full time ya gota keep it real :D Gonna have to wait a bit to make any goals and forecasts for myself.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
My goals for next year are to be able to turn the pedals some ;). In the last year I have gotten slower and my rides have gotten shorter, the legs are letting me down. since the second half of the year I think I have aged a lot. Does ageing come in spurts like growing when you are young.:D

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Wild, you just keep doing what you are doing. Just don't sit down in that rocking chair and not get back up! Do what you can when you can. You are a lot better off than most of the population your age :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would like to :
1. Ride an average of 150 miles a month. Because of work there is one week a month I cant ride.
2. Loose 20 more pounds.
3. Ride more with my son.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My goals for next year are to be able to turn the pedals some ;). In the last year I have gotten slower and my rides have gotten shorter, the legs are letting me down. since the second half of the year I think I have aged a lot. Does ageing come in spurts like growing when you are young.:D
Whoever came up with that silly quote that "life begins at 50" was obviously not an active person. I'm not even there yet (but close) and my body aches worse every year. Hang in there Wild... you're an inspiration to us younger guys!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I will try to do more group rides with my wife, we did our first one this fall.
I will try to ride in the Gravel Grovel.
I will get 165mm cranks fitted to my Haro Reserve 1.1
I will become one year older but, more fit.
Join a bike club. Ride more hours and enjoy it more.
And lastly, apologize for not meeting all of my goals.

BobH.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Shed pounds to make riding hills more fun
Log 3k plus(on the low side)
Do a century a month
Do the Seagull in sub 5
Do at least two dual-thons
Travel to new areas to ride and meet new people
Just ride

·
'57 Schwinn Wasp
224 Posts
Anyone remember their goals from last year? (Full disclosure, I didn't have any.) This year I'm thinking:
1. Get the 2-speed kickback sprocket put on the Schwinn Wasp.
2. Break 100 miles *this year* in road time. I know, sad.
3. Attend the Edmonton Tweed Ride 2012.
These are doable for me and would beat my 2011 performance. Youse guys inspire me!

·
TheCyclingActor
7 Posts
Good luck to all with those goals. I plan on attempting 5k+ miles this year. Along with competing in my first Triathlon. Going to be a hard winter of training but hopefully it will pay off.

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Hoping to do my first full century several over night camping trips and get a motorized bicycle built hopefully on a vintage Scwhinn or colsonn frame

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so here we go 2012!
1. 2600 miles (50 per week...gotta make it realistic!)
2. Always, always, always ride once per week, no matter how cold!
3. Ride with other friends once a week
4. At least 1-2 organized charity rides or races
5. Shed those last 5 pounds! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
7,500 miles on the road and this-->That Which Does Not Kill Us
Those were my 2011 goals. Unfortunately, I'm gonna end up about 300 miles short on the 7500. But, I'm still riding a high from completing the Ride of the Immortals. Honestly, though, it's probably the reason I'm not hitting 7500. Motivation for big rides has been way down ever since the end of August. But I am enjoying rides a lot more since I'm not "training".

So, I think I'll keep the 7,500 miles as a 2012 goal, and try to find something harder than the Ride of the Immortals. I hope to have a do-it-all bike such as the Salso Fargo or Van Dessel WTF or a more commuter friendly disc-brake 'cross bike built up early next year. I'd also like to do the 100 Miles of Nowhere again (http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f114/100-miles-nowhere-6281/) Oh, yeah, and I'd like to keep doing reviews for Industry Outsider. That's quite fun!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I've considered doing the 100 miles to Nowhere, but I'm certain after about 3 hours my wife would come up stairs and club me to death to stop the drone of the trainer.
Actually, you'd probably want her to by that point.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Not made my goals yet. Definitely underestimated myself this year, so goals will be much harder this year! :) Adding in running and possibly swimming as well.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not made my goals yet. Definitely underestimated myself this year, so goals will be much harder this year! :) Adding in running and possibly swimming as well.
That sounds a lot like triathlon training ;-)

I had an in-ground pool in my back yard until this past spring. They are truly a hole in the ground you throw money into. If it were still there I'd consider training for one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I will ride in my (two) first organized charitable events next year.
2012's primary goal is technique and getting the most out of my tired, constantly burning legs.

·
8 Posts
2012 Goals:
-Ride 1500 miles in at least one month
-A Century ride on all 4 of my bikes
-Ride as many miles as 2011 (7027)
-Do not crash

2011 Unattained Goals:
-Century ride each "riding" month...May through Oct

1 - 20 of 25 Posts