Two Spoke Forums banner

Cycling Mileage

6K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  SloSpokeJim 
#1 ·
7,180 Miles on the bicycle for 2009

5,903 on the Tandem
1,277 on the Mountain Bike

--- I thank God for a year of Safe Travels.

#3 ·
I don't record every mile but average about 300-350 mile a week for 35 weeks or so. Less mileage the other 17 weeks of winter. I'm not a stage racer and do not do 100-150 mile days. No need to. 50 miles per day is what I aim for in season unless I'm simply too beat. I do most of this mileage at 85% effort or better. I'm not an advocate of LSD.

#7 ·
i do 3500 kilometer from mai to september (living in quebec) and working all week ... so it's not that bad ... but my father was made 14500 kilometer this summer (he is retired) so he have enough time to do some great cycling day arround 100 to 125 kilometer every day ... not bad for 68 years old man ...

#8 ·
i do 3500 kilometer from mai to september (living in quebec) and working all week ... so it's not that bad ... but my father was made 14500 kilometer this summer (he is retired) so he have enough time to do some great cycling day arround 100 to 125 kilometer every day ... not bad for 68 years old man ...
That's amazing for anyone. 60-70 miles a day is a bit much for me and I'm one third his age.

#9 ·
4K and change for me, March to November, weekly mileage drops dramatically when daylight savings kicks in, wife won't let me ride in the dark. Hoping to pick it up a bit next year.

Was wondering if riding on a trainer counts??? Way to many hours with bike hooked up to a Minoura!!!! Hack, what do you think of yours? I didn't have a clue when I got it and took me a while to figure it out.

DrB

#11 ·
Was wondering if riding on a trainer counts??? Way to many hours with bike hooked up to a Minoura!!!! Hack, what do you think of yours? I didn't have a clue when I got it and took me a while to figure it out.

DrB
I only got my new one on Thursday, and have been on it once. Trying to get it all hooked up to the PC so I can use my NetAthlon software. That should keep things interesting, and track my indoor mileage.

#12 ·
My total of road bike and road hours for 2009 are 7500 miles and 550 hours. It's about one third more thanwhat I did last year but the southern tier from san diego to st augustine accounts for some of the extra, plus consistent 60 mile days with a ladies group ride. I have also put in about 150 hours and about 300 + miles indoors at the gym but I don't count that as road miles but fitness stats.

hippie biker chick

#19 ·
The bent, my Oneway and I all gathered dust.

Out and about but not to Marblehead. I've been downhill skiing, dabbled with business and dallied in tribal matters but very little pedaling. To qualify for this tread I resolve to ride my indoor trainer.

Ian, Good to see you've been holding the fort. How've you been?

It's a new year and another resolution is to avoid mischief......(at this point I pause, stand up, walk out on the porch, look at the sky, look down at my shoes, shove some snow towards the other shoe, shove it back, jam my hands in my pockets, go back inside, sit down and type).... "I dare you to dare me to pose a question about which frame type is faster on trainers"................that resolution didn't last long.

#20 ·
The bent, my Oneway and I all gathered dust.

Out and about but not to Marblehead. I've been downhill skiing, dabbled with business and dallied in tribal matters but very little pedaling. To qualify for this tread I resolve to ride my indoor trainer.

Ian, Good to see you've been holding the fort. How've you been?

It's a new year and another resolution is to avoid mischief......(at this point I pause, stand up, walk out on the porch, look at the sky, look down at my shoes, shove some snow towards the other shoe, shove it back, jam my hands in my pockets, go back inside, sit down and type).... "I dare you to dare me to pose a question about which frame type is faster on trainers"................that resolution didn't last long.
A superb thread: What's faster on a trainer, diamond frame or recumbent?

#21 ·
I've ridden 0 miles so far this year and none of them have been on my recumbent. This puts me at -96 miles relative to my resolved 7000 mile goal.

Can I include trainer miles?
Can I use a recumbent?
A recumbent on a trainer?
A recumbent with a fairing on a trainer?
A recumbent with a fairing on a trainer on a track?
Answer: no, yes, no, no and yes but only if drafting a diamond frame on a trainer in a peleton.

#23 ·
Oneway, you stick a fairing on your recumbent trainer and now we're not even talking about a bike anymore. How can you not understand this? That's an HPT. (human powered trainer)

It's good to see BlazingPedals has finally come to understand the danger of riding his HPT in trainer traffic. No peleton is safe from a bloke on a recumbent trainer while he has a ham sandwich and TV clicker in his hands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.