Cycling & Pregnancy

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by bigbike, Jul 31, 2009.

1. bigbike

bigbike Guest

My wife and I are expecting a daughter at the end of September. Lucky for me, I have a partner who is just as into cycling at I am! She (and I too, frankly) am curious how long she should wait after giving birth before getting back on her bike? We know she should take it easy in the beginning and everyone is different but we are wondering about other people's experiences with birthing and biking. Sounds weird, I know. lol

2. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Well my wife couldn't think of riding till about 2 months after the birth of our son. I would check with your doctor b/c every pregnancy is different too. We had a pretty easy delivery so not a huge deal for us. Good luck and congrats! No experience can ever compare.

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Two months sounds about right but def. check with your Dr. She will probably have a 30 day check-up.

4. Brent

Brent Shore Rat

Whenever

My wife rode until 2 weeks before birth and rode about 3 weeks after giving birth,her riding buddy rode until 2 weeks before too but couldn't ride again until about 5 weeks after different people react differently let her body be the guide.PS good luck! Oh and my wife was 38 at the time.

5. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Dude, thats crazy. What if she crashed? What was she riding a tricycle?