Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses the various online softwares for in-door training? I use Wahoo SYSTM formally known as Sufferfest. I tried TACX but the streaming was a bit jerky and froze a lot.

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Wahoo trainer and Zwift. Tried them all and I always come back to this. Others will will say different, preferences :)

Honestly, I’d have to look at your internet Svc as well as how it’s connected with your description of the issues.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
Rollers and a good audio book for me. Tried most the software and my favourite was Zwift but in the end I prefer the lonely solitude and nostalgia of rollers. Sometimes no music or audio books but just the sound of the rollers and thoughts of Le Tour riders long past. Yes, I have issues.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I also have an El CheapO’Trainer too, a fluid trainer, and my Garmin Edge 520 Plus in indoor mode connected to my bike's sensors and HR band. I either just spin and switch gears a bit and watch tv or if I want to do something more intensive training-wise I connect everything to my laptop via Bluetooth and Garmin dongle and run Golden Cheetah with one of the many thousands of free ERG files available or ErgVideo.com software.

My wife and I usually time our workouts so we can 'ride together' beside each other.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Here's some screenshots from Vingo (Free Indoor cycling and running app | Discover a unique fitness experience). Free right now to use.

It works fine, not super smooth but fine and the graphic quality is close to Zwift, but not there yet by any means.

A few options, a few routes, looks like much more is to come. Didn't run across anyone else to try the chat out on. Lots of nice hilly routes and simulated coasting if desired.

Easy to set up and use. Can earn equipment, etc and unlock more routes.

And if you are a runner to you can run with it, but I assume you need a footpod.

Best of all free, for now.

I thought I could bump up the video quality and smoothness but when I did it didn't seem to make much difference and trying to click anything with the mouse was nearly impossible.

And I want to mention here that this is likely more to do with the software than my computer as I have a very expensive gaming computer (I don't play games, but I need power and good GPU for processing graphics, photos, and video) - so I think there's probably some more work they need to do with the program.

Bonus - you can take along a dog companion. Supposedly he helps you earn points but mine just sat in the carrier and watched the scenery and occasionally got up and looked over the side ;)

Ecoregion Human Nature Infrastructure Asphalt

Tire Wheel Ecoregion Automotive tire Natural environment

Ecoregion Water World Asphalt Screenshot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts