Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you prefer to cycle? I like solo. I find having people around is to much. If there not as serious as you are there talking instead of breathing and it causes issues. I cycle to get away form everything.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I prefer group but see advantages to solo. We have a small group 4-5 and it can be slow going sometimes and hard to get everyone focused.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
No real preference; both have their goods & bads -- the main thing is, I'm RIDING!

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
I usually ride alone because it's easier to just grab your bike and hit the trail as opposed to organizing a group ride. I like to do both though.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I like to change it up. I belong to a bike club that has regular rides, so when I want a group fix or I feel the need to be pushed a little harder; I go for a group ride. But most of my riding is solo which I do prefer. Solo allows me to go at my own pace depending on how I am feeling that day.

·
Florida Cyclist
234 Posts
I like a group on the road....albeit a smaller group. The logistics can be a pain.

In the woods usually solo or one other -- it is just simpler and I do not stop much (read very seldom) so most like more frequent stops ( I am there to ride)
:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
On windy road rides, I definitely prefer groups. Especially with a couple of fast Clydesdales thrown in. :)

But there are days when I just like being out there on my own.

New groups can be a little sketchy. For example, at the start of the Tour d'Cure, I was nearly taken out when someone yelled "car up" and I guess the guy I was following thought this was his cue to grab two handfuls of brakes. I had to lock up and swerve. I heard a commotion behind me as this of course created a chain-reaction. Luckily no one wrecked, but it was very close.

Maybe we need a group road-riding thread. I know I was glad someone had told me the do's and don't's before I rode in a paceline the first time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
There is no one down here in the swamp but me ;)
Like wild except up here in the mountains, nobody here but me. I've never ridin with more than 2 people at a time so really no opinion about groups, but lookin forward to givin em a try.

DrB

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Yes it is relaxing to ride alone but some times I relax to much an find my self dwadaling, then I am late for lunch ;) don-utos comes down to the swamp and, rideing with him I pick it up a little, Thanks don-utos

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Soloist here never done a group ride outside of 2 or 3 others. But prefer to be on my own when riding

1 - 20 of 53 Posts