Cycling Training Logs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Myster, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Myster

Myster Guest

Do you guys use logs to chart your progress? I have an excel spread sheet at work I use everyday on my commute so I can chart my times.

2. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

I use SportTracks to log my rides. Because I use a Garmin, I can upload all my data directly, but they do have a manual entry feature that allows me to enter workouts I do at the gym. Its a great program but it isn't web-based; which is probably why it works so well.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

My wife. She just says your late or your early and then I assume that means I'm going faster or slower.

4. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

That would work for me, except I am always late....doesn't matter how long I am out for!!!!!

5. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

I occasionally carve hash marks into logs with my chainring as I ride over them.

6. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Every day I get up and can get back on the bike is progress...against entropy, old age, and decrepitude.

I am determined to ride 90 minutes on my 90th birthday; if I SUCCEED, then all the aches and pains now will have been worth it. Call that a training goal if you like. For me, it's a LIFE goal.

7. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

CTD50 so how old are you.
    I am just 65 and I seam to make at least 10 miles a day. But at 90 I don't know.

8. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Started using Training Log for Running, Cycling, and Triathlon | dailymile to track my riding. It has the capability of pulling my rides directly from my Garmin and I used a seemless widget to attach to my blog so you can see how many miles I have ridden YTD, how far my last ride was, and my comments from it. Its pretty cool.