Cycling.TV

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Xela, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Anybody subscribe to this? If so, please comment. What subscription package do you have, are you happy with the value, how's the commentary, etc.?

2. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Xela....So I had a spur of the moment purchase of a Cycling.TV subscription the other night. Basically I had recorded the Paris-Roubaix on Versus and for whatever reason, I ended up not getting the last hour or so. I had invited some riding buddies over to enjoy some post ride malted beverages and here I was with no ending to a legendary race. So with my beer muscles, I ordered cycling.tv. I got the Silver or Premium package (can't really remember). All I know is it cost 69.99 per year. I plugged my laptop into my flatscreen and we were off.

The Paris-Roubaix coverage was fantastic, and real time. I got about 3 or 4 hours of straight coverage, unlike Versus that edits down to 2 hours or so. That is the only race I have watched so far, but I have hit the trainer now 3 times watching the Roubaix again. I am actually going to finish it tonight when I get done with work. There are a couple of other races they have ondemand that I am looking forward to checking out.

My only concern is, they don't seem to be picking up as many races as they had last year. For example, they had the Amstel Gold last year, but didn't carry it this year. I am figuring that when the Vuelta comes around, I will be really happy I got the subscription.

As I continue to use it, I wll keep this thread posted on how it is. But so far, so good. Tough to say if it is worth 70 bucks a year though.

3. Xela

Thanks for the info! I'll probably be subscribing to it pretty soon.

Been away from everything (including The States) for the last 10 days, so I'm slowly catching up on things.

4. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Was wondering why we hadn't heard much from you.

I just watched the Liege Bastogne Liege the other day on Cycling.TV. Didn't catch it live but did watch it about an hour or 2 after it had ended. The coverage was once again, very good. My only complaint is who won! But I don't think Cycling.TV can do much about that complaint.

5. Xela

I totally missed L-B-L, so I just looked up the results. UGH! :( (I will admit, I USED to like him, though).

By the way, being totally disconnected for about 7 days was quite nice. Even my cell phone wasn't getting service. Glad to be home, though. Now I just need to shake this cold I got yesterday so I can get back on the bike.