Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old, fat, and slow
964 Posts
She is doing it all wrong. Someone teach that the seat is for sitting, the handlebars are for hands ...

Kids nowadays ...

She can only get away with it because she is pretty and fit .... I'd do those tricks, but nobody would tolerate it .... "Ride properly," they'd shout. "Quit blocking traffic," and "Get up off the pavement, and get out of the way. Bleed elsewhere!"
This video clearly shows the great unfairness inherent in our society.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Frigging amazing.

I would have liked to see the reactions of those road cyclists who rode by. I probably would have stopped and watched her do her tricks (trying not to look like a creepy old guy while doing it).

·
Registered
811 Posts
Someone posted this on my Facebook biking group and we had quite a bit of a discussion about it - both having to do with trails as well as just regular road riding (we have a lot of rural roads so there's a fair number of people using the side of the roads too).

I didn't remember it from the movie but the Falcon reference at the end is from a running scene in Avengers: Endgame.

I always say this video is missing two:

*The guy or girl or couple or whole family who don't seem to know which is left or hear just "left" and move to the left (this happens enough that I just say "Coming up behind you" or "Behind You").

*The person who hears you and either ignores you and keeps walking without moving over; or hears you and looks back, gives you a dirty look and turns back front and just keeps walking without moving over. This is especially bad a few times when someone has had a dog on a leash or kids and they think they are entitled to the whole path or something. I recently damaged my calf while running when this happened, a couple stopped on narrow raised trail section with water on either side and started fishing, leaving their stroller at right angles to the trail with extra fishing poles sticking out the back, taking up the width of the trail, and their kids running back and forth. Stupidly I didn't stop and yell at them but tried to run down the gravel bank and around and tore or pulled something. My wife said that I should have rammed directly into the stroller and taken a fake fall and threatened to sue them, to give them a good scare.

I was riding along one time a few years ago and this guy on an old bike loaded with crap was riding on the other side of the road toward me. When he saw me from a distance he very deliberately crossed over to the wrong side of the road a few hundred feet in front of me and headed toward me head-on. As I got closer I could see that he was a little dirty and missing teeth (he had a half-smile, half-crazed look) and also a very determined look on his face - I was guessing that he would have happily hit me head-on and indeed he kept his course. At the last possible moment, I swerved (into traffic since there was no other place to go) around him, and he yelled as I went past - "wrong side of the road!".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts