Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen these rear light HD camera systems or have used one? Seems the next generation is coming out in March 2021.

Wonder what the Gen 3 will do or the improvements???

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After further reading and looking through other forums for real life feedback from users.....going to go another route since this system is still buggy.

Going to get a Varia rtl 515 as my warning system.

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
I think you’re better off with the radar than the camera. While the camera will capture an actual event, it really does nothing to warn you of oncoming cars unless you happen to be looking at the monitor at the time. I’m at the point that I don’t ride on any public road without having my radar turned on. Mine is saddlebag mounted so I can simply reach behind me and turn it on and set the mode without having to stop and get off the bike. I’m using it with a Wahoo Bolt so I can’t control it via the computer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you’re better off with the radar than the camera. While the camera will capture an actual event, it really does nothing to warn you of oncoming cars unless you happen to be looking at the monitor at the time. I’m at the point that I don’t ride on any public road without having my radar turned on. Mine is saddlebag mounted so I can simply reach behind me and turn it on and set the mode without having to stop and get off the bike. I’m using it with a Wahoo Bolt so I can’t control it via the computer.
Exactly what I eventually reasoned as well John. Camera is good for after the incident and would be good. But preventive measures is the best thing to hopefully head off any incident.

You know what will happen don’t you? Garmin will come out with a radar/1080P camera system with a 100 lumen light in a month of me getting this this radar!!! Lol

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Exactly what I eventually reasoned as well John. Camera is good for after the incident and would be good. But preventive measures is the best thing to hopefully head off any incident.

You know what will happen don’t you? Garmin will come out with a radar/1080P camera system with a 100 lumen light in a month of me getting this this radar!!! Lol
I think you're gonna be ok :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts