Cyclists Brought This On Themselves

Discussion in 'Activism / Safety' started by rola643, Jan 16, 2011.

1. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

2. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

He's full of it.

I said it when I saw a link to this on FB -- he's targeting the SMALLEST user group for something ALL of them do! Someone else posted something to the effect of "...and women brought rape on themselves by dressing that way...."

When someone who doesn't know the deal (he's just reacting to a few oldsters on foot who carped about almost being hit... likely just a 'close pass', inside 4 feet...) tries to put in place an unmanageable structure of gov't that only affects a tiny % of the population, ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER SMALL %, he's missing the reason he's in office to start with.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I had to throw a post up on my blog about this. And never once did I use the word "idiot".

4. rola643

Nice write up ! I really like your title.

5. Industry_Hack

He's got some 'esplainin' to do.

6. LarryM

LarryM Eocyclist

1. In every place wher bike registration has been tried, the revenue it generates comes nowhere near covering the cost of program administration.

2. Apparently, the hope is that the victims of irresponsible bicyclists will be able to read the license tag so it can be reported. Fat chance!

3. How about maybe just having the police do their job and write tickets to all those who break the law, whether on 2 wheels, 4 wheels, or no wheels.

edit: Hack .. good blog entry!

7. rola643

I think this is the biggest issue out there !There is no REAL enforcement anymore....It has become a serious peeve of mine. Red Light runners, speeders, and overall lack of any common courtesy!

8. worthlees

worthlees Senior Member

Hack, Great write up on blog!! The kid an,t old enough to shave & in politics, that's
    scary.

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

What's the problem? In Texas we offer hunting licences to folks from out of state.

The system could work. It could be funded through the DPS (Texas don't know about the rest of you), and it could make the roads safer, by allowing for a standardization of laws. Unless I missed something, this seems to be the same old, "I'm a super pedestrian, I don't need a license" argument, when in reality, you're a light vehicle, using the roads built and maintained by the government for the purposes of commerce, and therefore taxation. People in Ultralight planes aren't super jumping. Morons.

I've had a long morning, someone please tell me I read it wrong, and it's more than the "Cyclists need licenses!" "Nuh huh!" Argument.

10. Industry_Hack

The argument seems to be that by registering bicycles, cyclists will magically become safer operators.

If laws aren't enforced now, what difference will a $3 sticker make?

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

The only thing certain is that poor people will suffer.

I'm tired of almost getting hit. It happens almost weekly now. I honestly believe if there was some sort of regulatory agency to form a cohesive set of laws for usage of bicycles on public streets, then we will see safer conditions.

Currently the fat lot of nothing isn't working well.

12. Industry_Hack

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I don't know what that means, and when I looked it up there was like 80 possibilities, and not a one of them would have applied.

I'm going to take it you mean to agree with me. You should have just said that.

14. Industry_Hack

15. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

You made need to pm me, I cannot decipher your writings.