Cyclists on Twitter

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Xela, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

2. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

I am @grapeape934.

3. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

I keep hearing bad things about these list things.

How about some feed back?

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I really like Twitter. It updates you with short messages. I have all my local news sources, friends and family on my personal Twitter.

5. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

I follow @lancearmstrong and I find that he tosses out the names of proriders as they join twitter. Thats a good place to start...I know Lance is pressing Thor to get on twitter but he has been unsuccessful as far as I know.

@whyeyebike

And twitter is awesome for keeping up on all things cycling. I used it to follow the Tour of Utah and the Tour of Ireland recently. Short and quick updates is all I need, and thats what I get from twitter.

6. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Burr,

I agree with @whyeyebike, and I follow twitter religiously, it is how I found out about Two Spoke, if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. It is only short sentences telling peolple what is going on, it is a great site.

I got a message from you on this site, but can't figure out how to respond to it, I didn't ignore you, just couldn't reply, sorry, but I'll keep trying.

I'm @mtndoc014 on twitter, so you already know someone, the @ before name is how twitter designates who is who, like @whyeyebike is a twitter name.

DrB

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I couldn't find you donnie.

8. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

I'm there, @CTD50; Bob Roll is there too, George Hincapie, and Phil Liggett, as well.

9. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

I'm there, the link is in my sig. I follow Lance and Levi.

10. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

@Jeepster1993

I joined just today...so it might take a bit for me to get going on it.

11. razor

razor New Member

12. Xela

Any of our newer members on Twitter?

13. bradsalex

bradsalex New Member

i have a twitter set up but i don't use it. I don't know I just never got into it, I guess I just didn't know who or what to follow. I like the fact that you can add news agencies to get short updates. I don't get the news here. I guess I can give it another try...

@bradsalex

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  14. Last_Place_Pete

Last_Place_Pete New Member

I've had Twitter for a number of years now and like Brad, never really got into it. Are we missing out?

Xela- How'd you end up in Fayetteville if you don't mind me asking? Are you workin' for the Man?

15. Xela

Aren't we all? But assuming you mean WM, no, I'm not. I grew up in Little Rock. I came up here for school and didn't want to leave. I got lucky with the job I found and haven't had a good reason to go anywhere else.

16. Last_Place_Pete

Last_Place_Pete New Member

I meant Uncle Sam, but you caught me making assumptions elsewhere. I saw Fayetteville and missed the Arkansas part. Assumed you meant North Carolina which is quite the military town. Apologies good sir. And yes, anyone who isn't working for the Man at some level has something figured out that the rest of us haven't gotten to the bottom of.

17. Xela

No need for apologies. You meant Uncle Sam instead of Sam Walton. Not sure if you know, but WalMart's home office is just up the road from here and probably the biggest employer in this area, so an assumption that I made was that that was what you were referring to.

18. Weav

Weav GiddyUp

Twitter is great, been on it for a few years now. Some of my favorite cycling ones I follow are @andytheclark, @peletonmagazine, @glorycycles, @parlee_z1, @francobikes, @hawkracing, @bicyclingmag, @fitwerx and @RBRoadBikeRider, @chainL. Some of my least favorite tweeters are @pezcycling and @bikereviews_com

19. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Not a new member and not new to twitter but I finally found some software I like for twitter so I'm back to tweeting :) @rola643

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011