Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wireless cyclocomputer that has been working great for years. When I came back home from a 1 week vacation all the data was gone on the cyclocompter. I even had to reset the tire size. Now when I ride everything works great unless my speed is under 10 mph or over 20 mph. When I climb or descend the display goes to "0" and it won't register my speed, distance or time. Any ideas?

·
889 Posts
Has anything moved? Perhaps the magnet is not close enough to the sensor?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well if I had to guess, from what you tell me it very well may be the batteries. Yes there are batteries buried up in there, but sometimes they are 1. a bear to get out and 2. probably cost nearly as much to change the batteries as the computer.

If the batteries will come out easily, it might be worth your while to take them down and see what it would cost to replace them, but more often than not its more practical like Hack said to get a new one.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
go down to your local Batteries Plus store and see if they can help. They replaced mine and it went back to working just fine. Make sure when you park/store your bike that the manget is not near the sensor or you will be draining your battery very fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts