cyclocomputers

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Holdly, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Holdly

Holdly Guest

I've had two, and both advise against parking in the direct sunlight. However, my first one's screen went blank just from me riding in the sun, and the second one seems to be on it's way out. Does anyone have any ideas what to do to avoid thsi problem?

2. radracer

radracer Guest

What is a cyclocomputer??

3. cbman

cbman gnar! gnar! gnar!

Don't most have a removable "face"? I know mine does, we are talking like spedometers right?

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

It's a gizmo that is usually attached to your handlebars and provides data like current speed, max speed, distance traveled, etc. Some also incorporate a heart rate monitor.

5. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

That's odd. I've never had my screen go blank.

6. robapp

robapp Guest

My cycle computer is an app running on my Blackberry Storm, it stays out of direct sunlight because I keep in my pocket. It feeds me ride data through sounds that you can upload to the app (ex a different sound plays for decceleration than a change in cadence). But it also works perfectly well if you place it in a thigh holster. It's called the velocomputer and I think its a pretty good balance between price and tech. On the one hand its not a 600 dollar behemoth like the Garmin Edge 705 but it does have some pretty advanced sensing features for the price.

I do work for the company that makes it, but I also enjoy using it.

7. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

Sounds like it might be a low or dead battery issue to me...........

8. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

This thread is almost 6 months old... ;)