Dab friendly pedals

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by Kelo, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Kelo

Kelo Guest

I like clipless pedals for reasons such as energy being used & the security over rough stuff; but there are many times when I need to dab a foot or I get to a point where there is no time to clip out. I'm looking for a pedal that is straight forward/ up & down I'll be clipped, but the slightest side movement & I'm out. I currently have Times. They're great for the average ride, but when its hairy, they're just too secure.
    Any suggestions?

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

You could try Eggbeaters. You can set them up to have a release angle as little as 15°. I find them to be very easy to get in and out of.

3. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Eggbeaters would be a good way to go. Time pedals are pretty good for staying clipped in but are a little harder to get out of in a pinch sometimes. Practice makes perfect though

4. monty73741

monty73741 New Member

i have a set of shimano's they are pretty easy to get out of. When i first got them i had an issue, but a few falls u learn how to pull ur foot out quick. Dont get speed plays they suck. they also get full of dirt

5. Xterrain

Xterrain New Member

Change to a quality set of flats and wear something with a ultra grippy soles.

6. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

That may solve the "security over rought stuff" problem, but you will never get the power transfer from flats that clipless pedals afford.

7. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Dont Do It! :D

8. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

This.

I've heard that clipless SPDs from shimano are really good, and are easy to slip out of quickly. I'm looking into these kinds as well.

Eggbeaters seem to be the running champ from what I've seen, though, and it's hard not to see why. They're really adjustable and just great for what they need to do.

9. Brent

Brent Shore Rat

Love shimano clipless peddles I even have a set of 647's on my free bike use the 56 cleats for easier ejection until you are used to them then switch to 51's you'll never go back to any other peddle after using a 770 or 970 for xcountry or 647'sfor free ride downhill!

10. TxJeeper

TxJeeper Guest

I am looking into getting some of the pedals from crank bro's they are egg beaters but they are like a hybrid pedal called smartys. You can clip in or ride normal when not on hard stuff. And they aren't to awful expensive you can get them starting at $50