Two Spoke Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,686 Posts
For those who followed this thread, on Tuesday May 14 at approximately 9:20 AM, my father passed away. The nurse told me he passed peacefully.
Sorry tp hear that. I realize I'm late getting back to this thread but wanted to pass my condolences just the same.

·
Two skinny J's
21,686 Posts
2019 is a year I hope to forget. This evening my Mother passed away at the age of 98.
Sorry to hear that @MilesR. It's never a good consolation that it sounds like she had a good, long life.

Reactions: MilesR

·
Registered
811 Posts
Oh geez, sorry to hear, man. Sincere condolences.

And I think being around the holidays maybe makes it harder also.

My dad of 101 passed away the Sunday before last and we ended up scheduling the calling hours and funeral two days after Xmas, which caused all sorts of unneeded conflict.

2019 is a year I hope to forget. This evening my Mother passed away at the age of 98.

·
Mom's Taxi
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Toward the end of August 2021, I called the Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery regarding having my parents ashes placed in a columbarium. Instead of getting the cemetery, I was forwarded to the National Cemetery office in St. Louis. After explaining my situation I was informed my parent's case files had been closed. A very nice staff person told me I had to call the cemetery to reopen the files. She explained how to get the cemetery office as the prompts didn't connect with the cemetery. I was starting to think my September trip would be put off until October. When I called the cemetery and explained my situation the staff member said yes the case files were closed. She then asked when I wanted to have them placed in the columbarium. She said the date I wanted was available. I was able to make my trip in September. On 16 September a cousin drove me to the cemetery and their ashes were put in the columbarium. On 6 November I received a card that their permanent niche cover had been installed on October 6. Another cousin went and took a photo for me.
Font Gas Metal Number Rectangle

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,676 Posts
Toward the end of August 2021, I called the Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery regarding having my parents ashes placed in a columbarium. Instead of getting the cemetery, I was forwarded to the National Cemetery office in St. Louis. After explaining my situation I was informed my parent's case files had been closed. A very nice staff person told me I had to call the cemetery to reopen the files. She explained how to get the cemetery office as the prompts didn't connect with the cemetery. I was starting to think my September trip would be put off until October. When I called the cemetery and explained my situation the staff member said yes the case files were closed. She then asked when I wanted to have them placed in the columbarium. She said the date I wanted was available. I was able to make my trip in September. On 16 September a cousin drove me to the cemetery and their ashes were put in the columbarium. On 6 November I received a card that their permanent niche cover had been installed on October 6. Another cousin went and took a photo for me.
View attachment 53743
Miles, thanks for sharing this. The cover looks really nice.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts