Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhhhh man, I felt so sorry for Van Moer today! That is racing however and a cruel Peleton chase down!

·
1,881 Posts
SPOILER.

Bloody hell Cavendish. Guy can always find a way. He was third wheel behind Alaphillipe with 1200 to go, which is too far out, so he regrouped behind Alpecin-Fenix to come around their guy on the riser to the line. He can read a race and knows where to be.

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
SPOILER.

Bloody hell Cavendish. Guy can always find a way. He was third wheel behind Alaphillipe with 1500 to go, which is too far out, so he regrouped behind Alpecin-Fenix to come around their guy on the riser to the line. He can read a race and knows where to be.
I am glad to see it to be very honest.

I happen to disagree with the protest, be the professionals you're paid to be.

Reactions: fpl1

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SPOILER.

Some racers just have a eye for which line they need to be in. He surely surprised me.

Bloody hell Cavendish. Guy can always find a way. He was third wheel behind Alaphillipe with 1500 to go, which is too far out, so he regrouped behind Alpecin-Fenix to come around their guy on the riser to the line. He can read a race and knows where to be.

·
Old, fat, and slow
882 Posts
Haven't had time to watch the video but I have long been a Cav fan. Glad to see him accelerate like he used to, back before multiple crashes, diseases, and children.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only rider I see that has lost their edge is Sagan. Either he has the worse luck in past few years or just that magical thing that happens overnight that zaps you and your ability.

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
I would never miss the TT stages, if they never showed another it wouldn't break my heart.

Reactions: maelochs

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
What does Van Der Poel have for today's stage?

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Rouler

The Debrief: A Classic within the Tour de France
Sometimes it’s the surgical scalpel of a short mountain stage that can slice open the Tour de France. This was a sledgehammer.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The fact Van Der Poel is essentially a rookie at this is amazing. The TDF is a beast and his is certainly to me a Cinderella story.

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Cav is two away! Ready for the record to be broken.
Pretty amazing for a "washed up" sprinter. Did you see the interview with Jimmy Johnson?

Reactions: Merlincustom

·
1,881 Posts
When in the history of the Tour have we ever seen someone take second in a sprint on a flat stage and then 24 hours later win a mountain stage?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts