Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was tightening the new cleats on my wife's MTB shoes and the head of the screw sheared off - luckily I was done & already had the screw on and the cleat in the right position & it seems very secure - she road yesterday with no problem

The question is about the repair - I believe the shoes were under $150 - Louie somebody - when it is time to change out the cleat is it worth it to try to have it repaired ??

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Yes, it can be fixed

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
On MTB shoes, you can remove the insole and find a rectangular shaped area inside the shoe, above the cleats. Lift that up and you will see the cleat retainer in there. Remove the cleat and it will just fall out of the shoe. If you can't get the broken bolt out of the retainer, you can buy them from most bike shops (may have to be ordered). You can also try taking it to some of the hardware stores in your area and see if they will get the broken bolt out of the retainer. The Ace Hardware in my neighborhood does that, so I would think that other Ace Hardware stores will do it for you as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts