Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever learn to dance?

I have to go to a wedding on Saturday, I've never learned, and have never had to do it before, so I'm just kind of getting my feelers out there to see if I', the only one.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Learned soon after I saw this movie. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwBbMXYDsXw]YouTube - Footloose - Original Music Video[/ame]

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ballroom only. Seriously.
Did you take classes? I realize I don't know thing one about dancing, my roll when I went to weddings was to get really drunk and try to convince a bridesmaid we would go well together.

Now I have a wife and quit drinking so I need to find a new angle.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
convince your wife to stick to the slow dances, you can't mess those up. Best advice I can give is allow yourself to look like a fool... [ame=http://youtu.be/kr7djGY1fhA]YouTube - Napoleon Dynamite Dance Scene[/ame]

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
My mum taught me to dance. She said that girls would appreciate it. Lemme tell ya, if you are just dating a girl, and you grab her and out of the blue start dancing like you're Fred Astaire, even if she has no idea who he was, she'll melt. Tsunami.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My mum taught me to dance. She said that girls would appreciate it. Lemme tell ya, if you are just dating a girl, and you grab her and out of the blue start dancing like you're Fred Astaire, even if she has no idea who he was, she'll melt. Tsunami.
My Grandmother tried to teach me to line dance (In the 90's when everyone was doing it, thanks Achey Breaky Moron) and I refused.

I'm in Texas, I don't need to perpetuate a stereotype.

^ Favorite Wood cut.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
My Grandmother tried to teach me to line dance (In the 90's when everyone was doing it, thanks Achey Breaky Moron) and I refused.

I'm in Texas, I don't need to perpetuate a stereotype.

^ Favorite Wood cut.
I remember that, there were clubs all over the place.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I remember that, there were clubs all over the place.
There were, they were popping up in strip malls, there was constant fliers for classes. Strange fad, it was immediately replaced by the Latin Invasion.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts