danger, mail order scam

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by froze, Oct 21, 2010.

1. froze

froze Banned

There is an Asian mail order bicycle scam going on that you all need to be aware of. Do not buy any thing or any bike from Sardati.com The rule thumb should always be, if it sounds to good to be true it probably isn't true, and this outfit is an example of that. I ran into the place by accident when a this web site popped up, so I went there and saw a bunch of ads for cheap priced bikes including a Colnago Mapei EPS for sale for $455!! And I thought wait that's ridiculous, this bike sells for $13,000, so I e-mailed them, and I e-mailed a company called R & A who Sardati claimed they get their bikes from, what follows is the return e-mail from R & A:

Froze

We have a lot of Asia site coping our site – bike for bike – actually they have stolen our pictures and trying to sell something they do not have.
    It’s a scam!
    As, we are the only dealer in the world with Mapei EPS frames, each one is spoken for – meaning we have control of the sale of these frames

Phil
    718-636-5242
    R&A Cycles | The World's Largest Cycle Store

Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:05 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Colnago EPS Mapei

How is it that Sardati.com has the Colnago EPS Mapei for $455 and claim they get the bike from your company but you retail it for $13,000? How is this possible? or is this a scam from Sardati?

Thanks for your reply;
    Froze

By the way, I'm going to post this exact post on other forums.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I trust no one. And I have a genuine $2,500 Nigerian check scam check on my desk at work to remind people, trust no one.

3. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Well I hope the "who wants to test stuff and write about it" isn't a scam. I'm excited about that one!

4. froze

froze Banned

These Asian rings will get smarter, all they have to do is raise the price closer to the actual price, for example a $5,000 bike for $3,500 and they will get money flooding in. But you know that their making money doing what their doing now or they wouldn't be doing it.

5. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Hey, if you don't get your package in the mail, I will refund 110% of the money you paid. :rolleyes:

6. froze

froze Banned

Too bad we can't do COD's anymore; or scam them back with one of those African scams, problem with that is we would be the ones to get arrested and the scammed scammer would get away with their scam.