Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Craig's List users,

Calling you piece of sh^* bike "vintage" will not make it so. It's a piece of #$%&. There's nothing vintage about it. It was a piece of @#$& when it was new and it still is. Now knock it off!

Thank you.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Dear Craig's List users,

Calling you piece of sh^* bike "vintage" will not make it so. It's a piece of #$%&. There's nothing vintage about it. It was a piece of @#$& when it was new and it still is. Now knock it off!

Thank you.
lol you tell them nigal!

what brought this to your mind if you do not mind me asking?

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I have a vintage Huffy in my backyard right now. I told my wife that if the owner doesn't claim it, I'm going to strip the paint, wash with saltwater, and add front and rear baskets to put flowers in. A perfect planter for my yard.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol you tell them nigal!

what brought this to your mind if you do not mind me asking?
I have the bike section bookmarked and check CL every day and today was just an over whelming amount of [email protected]$t bikes with "vintage" in the header. And we aren't even talking old [email protected]$t bikes. We're talking from the 90's. Not so long ago the key words were "fixie" and "SS". Now it's vintage.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
hmm... i understand this frustration.
i had a guy try to sell me a 91 rigid Trek mtb by saying that it was a classic mtb and would make me a better rider. he came in the local bike shop with it and tried to get them to buy it. i was sitting on my road bike in the back chatting with a tech and he came back trying to get me to buy it when the shop said they were not interested.... his selling points were words like "classic, heritage, vintage and made in the us" i would have chosen a different list "outdated, whore out and ugly"

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
hmm... i understand this frustration.
i had a guy try to sell me a 91 rigid Trek mtb by saying that it was a classic mtb and would make me a better rider. he came in the local bike shop with it and tried to get them to buy it. i was sitting on my road bike in the back chatting with a tech and he came back trying to get me to buy it when the shop said they were not interested.... his selling points were words like "classic, heritage, vintage and made in the us" i would have chosen a different list "outdated, whore out and ugly"
I had one of those, and it was a decent bike. Um, wore out, maybe?

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can still find some good deals. It's like trying to find a pearl in a septic tank though. A guy the other day had an old Brooks sprung saddle for $8. Wasn't fast enough though.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
625 Posts
I wonder if that Vintage POS comes with a Genuine Faux Leather saddle.

Buyer beware.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was wading through the trash heap on CL this morning and look what I found. A 60's Huffy for $250.

60's Cruiser Bike

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
173 Posts
It's not just bikes either!! trying to sell a car, never seen so many scam & con artest boil
out of the wood works!! Don't think there are any moral people left!! & I an't no saint!!!
Nigel, your right, bike new condition, just needs new wheels & tires.Bought new in2009
rode once. stored in attic.Magna 21 speed, perfest shape, needs rear shifter & left handle
bar welded.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
I have a vintage Huffy in my backyard right now. I told my wife that if the owner doesn't claim it, I'm going to strip the paint, wash with saltwater, and add front and rear baskets to put flowers in. A perfect planter for my yard.
I have a vintage Huffy Denim Days bike that I'm going to do the same thing with her.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts