Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I road on pro 3s and got about 4 flats in 3 months. I'm deciding on what I should get. I was debating on Hutchinson fusion 3s or continental gatorskins... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried them but since I'm a heavier rider, (205lbs) one of the flats I got was a pinch flat on a slime tube.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm very happy with the Conti GP 4000 S tires. Not sure how close those are to the gatorskins.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm 6'2" @ 225 lbs and rode all last year on Pro3's on my Team bike with no problems and loved them. Just went to Pro 4's and love them even more...

As Poolie said the GP 4000s... A very popular tire by many...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I did a little searching , and I've decided to go with the Michelin Pro4s ENDURANCE . Cant wait to try them out . Thanks MWales, didn't know pro4 line had been release yet,. Wht kind of tubes do u use MWales? Or are u tubeless?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just your normal tube from my LBS w/60mm stem. Where did you find Pro 4 Endurance? I just have the service course...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found them on sale at bikesonline.com , the endurance is supposed to be the updated new version the discontinued krylion carbon, so they are supposed to have more puncture resistance ,(so I've read)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Your weight isn't likely the cause of your flats. I doubt its the tires either. When you change the tires, change the rim tape too. Many times its a spoke sticking out and it punctures the tube through the tape. I have also had good results by running a liner between the tire and the tube.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts