Two Spoke Forums banner

Dedicated trainer bike

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  longjohn 
#1 ·
Well I have been searching CL and FB Marketplace for months for a reasonably priced road bike to dedicate to my trainer. A few weeks ago I found this 2015 Raleigh used very little on FB. Problem was, it was a 8 speed. Some simple trade outs and made into a 10 speed for the trainer.

Took my old Time Expresso 7’s and installed and converted my old shoes to work and purchased a pair of Sidi Genius 10 for my full carbon Trek Madone for the actual road riding steed.

I think I am good for a while. Was tired of taking the roadie and removing the rear wheel to place on the trainer every other day!

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame

See less See more
#2 ·
I did the same. Found a TCR Advanced for a grand shipped with an extra set of wheels.

#7 ·
At present I have a dedicated trainer bike mounted on a fluid trainer downstairs. Because it is a PITA to get the bike up and downstairs, it stays down there most of the time while I drag a second bike back and forth to use at spin class.

Both have seen miles this season, and I'm coming to appreciate what can be done on a trainer. I prefer to ride outside if I can, but it's great to have alternatives.