Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
215 Posts
I have the Topeak Tourguide and I really like it. What pisses me off about all handle bar bags is that they put no sort of connection to mount a headlight too. There use to be a company years ago that made one and was marketed under the Performance brand. Why they stopped making it, and why no one else ever came out with one is just plain odd.

·
215 Posts
That's funny. I have a light on my bars right now, but I have to remove it when I mount the Sodo.
I have a light on my touring bike, but can't use it if I attach the handlebar bag. I don't foresee riding at night while touring, and so far I haven't, but there is always a possibility I could be caught out riding after dark. But regardless if it's nighttime, a light could be important in inclement weather (fog, rain, etc) during the daytime to add an element of safety. It just seems to me a bag should be made with a bar attachment that sticks out away from the front of the bag where a light could be mounted too. It would be very easy to do and was done in the past with at least one brand I knew of.

·
215 Posts
I'll pass that along to their people.
You the man! I hope they listen to you. I sent the same idea about three years ago when I got my bag Topeak, they never did a thing. Hopefully your well connected. If they do it you should have them send me a bag for appreciation efforts!! :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts