Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NE Texas Trail promoter
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello--I am promoting a particular ride, here in Dallas/Ft Worth, that connects the cycling community with the armed forces, law enforcement and the community of disabled people--the Soldier Ride. The DFW ride takes place next Saturday, March 27, after the Wounded Warrior team rides with cyclists in San Antonio, Austin and Temple/Ft Hood.

The DFW ride, because it is on Saturday, will be a registered fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior Project. We'll ride from Dallas to Ft Worth (40 miles) with the disabled warriors. Then, those who wish, can take the TRE train back to Dallas.

The ride is worthwhile as a charity, and it also works very nicely as a bridge between communities, crossing four city limits: Dallas, Grand Prairie, Arlington and Ft Worth. The police officer who directs security for the national Wounded Warrior organization, Capt Bill Read, worked on the beginning of the well-known 5-Borough Ride, in New York. He remembers it as one of few real opportunities for communication between the various police departments. Someday soon, we'll have a 4-county ride around the Metroplex.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hope every thing goes well on your ride. it is a little to far for me to be there :D but you never know some day maybe.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
go for it maribeth, it's the sort of thing i do over here. i wish i could be there to help. :thumbsup:

·
F*%K Ridemonkey!
3 Posts
I've had the chance to hang out and party with The Wounded Warriors here in Phoenix the past two years when they do their Vegas ride. Great group of guys and good times!

:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts