Diamondback Mountain Bike Question PIC INCLUDED

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by woogyboogy, Apr 3, 2010.

1. woogyboogy

woogyboogy New Member

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Do they want more than $75 for it?

3. woogyboogy

woogyboogy New Member

There asking $120 or best offer. Do you know what model is it?

4. Industry_Hack

I see what looks like a 1" stem, a cheesy chainguard, and a cheapo rear derailleur. Are you the same guy that was looking at the 19" Trek?

5. woogyboogy

woogyboogy New Member

Yes I'm the same guy lol, I decided not to buy the trek because more than likely it would have been to big for me.

6. Industry_Hack

I think the problem is that you want more bike than your budget allows. You're either going to have to save some more money, or whatever you get will be a compromise. That Diamond Back is an inexpensive entry level bike, but it's not really suitable for more than reasonably smooth dirt paths when it comes to off road. You're going to want a fork that will hold up to some abuse, and shifters that work better under less than ideal conditions.

Don't think that I'm being a snob by telling you that you need a more expensive bike to have fun. You just need to choose the right tool for the job.

7. woogyboogy

woogyboogy New Member

I totally understand, Im just desperate right now haha, I guess i will be saving my money up to get a good bike, one that is actually worth the money. I really appreciate your help with everything.