Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I manned a SAG for the LBS first sponsored century ride. They had riders of all abilities from guys who were averaging 20 mph down to three folks that had been training for this ride since April and they made it. I was at the last stop at the 86 mile mark and it was really hot here yesterday. It was nice to give something back to the folks who have helped me out quite a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Thats pretty awesome!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Giving back lifts the soul.
:thumbsup:

Yes it does! There is a little back story as to why I really wanted to help out on this. My lbs also sponsors a "Pint Ride" with the local micro brewery and I went on the first one of the year right after I started back riding this year. Well, I was fine on the ride there, but on the ride back I just couldn't keep up with them and four of them took turns dropping back and riding with me to make sure i was ok. So right then I knew that if they ever had an event and needed volunteers I would. Nice thing was that one of the guys who dropped back and rode with me did that century yesterday and I went up and re-introduced myself and told him that he was the reason that I was there to help out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dunno exactly what it stands for but we were supporting the ride. Had water and food for the riders when they stopped.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Awesome. Sounds like you got to hang out with some cool people.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
SAG= Support And Gear

That's awesome you are giving back to our cycling community and great you met the person that dropped back to help you in the beginning.
I was always told that fastest way to failure was through SAG :D A necessary evil hu? I used it once when I broke a crank arm 23 miles into a century....

·
717 Posts
I'm doing SAG for my wife's 1/2 Ironman in September...told to expect a 12 hour day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts