Did you ride today?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by John_V, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Well-Known Member

Exactly!

fpl1 and MilesR like this.
  2. John_V

John_V Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

It’s still 2020. I can’t wait for the next dumb thing to happen to me. I’m starting to feel like the main character in a soap opera.

Woke up this morning and the eye is almost shut. Looks like I’ll be icing it those rest of the day.

IMG_1603282632.267037.jpg

3. Dos_Ruedas

Dos_Ruedas Well-Known Member

Eye see what’s going on here. It was never a bug.
    John’s Bride popped him one for good measure.

fpl1, Merlincustom, John_V and 3 others like this.
  4. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

^^^^^And what a play on words that was :D

5. John_V

Well, she does swing a wicked cane.

6. MilesR

MilesR Mom's Taxi Tavern Member

Is it a Louisville Slugger?

fpl1, John_V and Dos_Ruedas like this.
  7. Dos_Ruedas

I did ride today.
    It was blustery, but Klimat says only 7 mph.
    It must have been the swirling gusts then.
    Anyway, the last two miles before the turn around (out n’back) had stunning Autumn scenery. My pictures hardly do it justice.
    I guess we DO still have pockets of spectacular color in WV.
    33 miles

fpl1, Merlincustom and John_V like this.
  8. FRISKY

FRISKY Maturity Challenged

I did not ride today, but I did have a meeting with a half dozen local people to set up a new bicycling group.

9. Dos_Ruedas

10. FRISKY

Five are interested and had their bikes serviced and ready. One returned a bike I had loaned him a couple months ago and said he couldn't spare any time from his busy schedule to ride.

We also discussed that water aerobics would be a good, low impact, starter exercise option for the guys that weigh over 300lbs. Not to mention the incentive of being around girls in bikinis in a heated pool during winter.

It will be interesting to see how many ride with me this coming week when the temperature is below freezing and the wind is 20-40mph.

11. FRISKY

I don't really expect anyone to ride with me in "bad" weather. It wouldn't be good to have anyone's starting rides to be miserable.

Out of the local bike groups that I used to ride with, some with hundreds of members, there were only a handful of us that would ride when it got in the 30s or below.

John_V and rola643 like this.
  12. Dos_Ruedas

That will be a tough sell for the most seasoned riders!!

John_V likes this.
  13. Dos_Ruedas

I did a quick ride to town and back to shake out the legs.

It was another summerlike autumn day.

Germanrazor, John_V and rola643 like this.
  14. rola643

I did...I needed to do super slow, uber low cadence, wacky easy sub 100 watt ride today. Those are by far the hardest type of training rides for me to do. My mind just wonders all over and I can't stay comfortable in the saddle....I just hate doing them.

On another note the lady is this little white Chevy AFTER the white Chevy truck scared the sh!t out of me. Out on the ride her brakes locking up was VERY loud and my little Cycliq just didn't do it justice.

I had no idea you could even lock brakes up anymore :D Maybe she needs her anti lock checked out. I'd love to be able lock my brakes up and make a .....statement sometime :D

15. i12ride

i12ride Spin Spin Spin Tavern Member

nice freshy fresh temp steam roll con musica around the hood on the stache before hopefully last yardwork for awhile.....and then major trim on big oak needing haircut.

16. Merlincustom

Merlincustom Senior Member

I rode part of Stage 4 of the 2018 Tour of Britain. My Fulgaz rides populate in my TrainerRoad calendar.

Attached Files:

Germanrazor, John_V and rola643 like this.
  17. John_V

The swelling in the eye finally got back to normal, yesterday. Went and met Frankie this morning after my wife told me to get out of the house. My eye was watering up quite a bit after we started the ride so we had to make quite a few stops to wipe it dry. Did 42 chitchat miles but it took much longer than I wanted it to. Still a good ride.

rola643, Merlincustom, FRISKY and 3 others like this.
  18. rola643

I did indeed. 25 trainer miles since I'm call once again but again not really the point of this post. As I logged in and check out my buddies ride(s) for today...he's finally done it and lost his mind!
    65 miles on a trainer...in one day... no way :D No can do!!!
    Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.03.31 PM.png

19. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Well-Known Member

TACX trainer ride with a stretch of Col Du VAM for just over 9 miles tonight. Hit some good double digit grades and one that registered 17%. The biggest grade I ever tackled in real life was a 18% which I thought my quads would explode.

20. John_V

Woke up pretty tired this morning. Frankie couldn't ride today but I really wanted to do a ride and knew I couldn't do a 40 miler. Decided to go out and do a Frankie speed ride for a nice 25 miles.