Two Spoke Forums banner

17401 - 17420 of 17471 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
12.5 wonderful yet ...well just good mtb miles. First time in over a year on the mtb and it showed :D

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,407
Did a nice 40 mile chitchat ride with Frankie on Thursday. Went to the park today and couldn't find a parking space. Even the spots at Chilis, next door, were full. Ended up parking at Home Depot and starting the ride there. The park was a mad house so we opted to take a ride out to SR 56 and then go down to US 301 and back. It's a route we used to do when they closed Flatwoods due to the pandemic. Really miss doing that route. Ended up with another 40 mile chitchat ride with Frankie to avoid the crowd at the park.

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,409
I sure hope so. I just need to get out and ride more. I’ve decided that I need to work on losing the extra pounds I’ve put on during all this. Not sure if it’s a coincidence but I’ve lost 3 pounds thus far and I’m thinking it’s from doing these longer, slower rides in my fat burning zone. I I can drop the 10-12 pounds I gained, I can start working on gaining my speed back.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
NOPE! 3" of snow this morning, 28* and gale wind warnings. Not moving
IMG_3218.JPG
from this spot tonight :D

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,416
We've had a cold snap again these past two days that has kept me in. Really wanted to ride yesterday but I'm still very protective about even the possibility of catching a cold at this point. I take COVID dosage #2 on Tuesday and they won't give it to me if I experience any cold/flu like symptoms. I'll be more open to cooler weather rides after that second shot, but until then.....

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17,419
Finally got a ride in this morning with Frankie. Nice 40 miler in some decent high 60s, low 70s temps. Must have been kids day at the park because it was crazy on the loop. I couldn't believe the complete stupidity of some of the riders out there.

There were two families riding together, on the loop, with several small kids on their bikes. As we approached, Frankie and I slowed down to the speed they were going just in case one of the kids decided to turn in front of us. As I was clearing the kid at the front of the group, I was getting ready to move right to clear the road for anyone behind us. Out of nowhere, and without any warning, a group of 5 riders comes hauling a55 around me on my right. Right between me and that little kid on his bike with training wheels. I started to go after them but as I approached them, I decided it wasn't worth getting into a dispute since there were more of them then there was me. This is a common occurrence at the park on weekends anymore. Just plain ridiculous.

17401 - 17420 of 17471 Posts