17541 - 17560 of 17578 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
Yesterday ride

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
Nope.. whooped from the wind this week. Bike clean and maintenance day :)
View attachment 52492 View attachment 52493 View attachment 52491
This post would sure look great in here........

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
I did. I did my usual pre ride stuff including airing up the tires. When I hit the rear tire I heard the presta valve hiss at me a little bit and didn't think much of it. Got ready and took off and my...rear was all squishy :( I was like WTF. I was only feet away from the truck so wisely-which isn't often I started to look and see what was going on. As it turns out the valve stem extension had come loose. I didn't have the tool to get it good and snug so hand tight it was. Of course now a flat is always right in the back of your/my mind. Got my ride in with no other issues thankfully.

I have no idea how that got loose. I've never had that happen before. I could understand if I had just put a new tube in or something but that was not the case. Something to add to the weekly checklist I reckon :D
IMG_3772.JPG

Reactions: newleaf150

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
First ride on the Stache after fork upgrade and tuning, chain and new wtb tires......tires roll better due to denser strip of lugs in center of tire vs chupacabras. Fabulous traction climbing and braking. Smoother transmission action with fresh chain. Went for all kinds of fork testing in form of air, bigger air, low speed chop and high speed chop. Ended up opening up dampening one click and using 90mm of travel at some point and that is with 20mm initial sag leaving another 30mm of travel before max 120mm reached. Rode like a dream, couldn't ask or expect or need anything more out of it. Fresh brakes and fluid will just be more icing on the cake. I likes me some cake.....beautiful comfy temp weather didn't hurt a bit.

20210411_113335.jpg

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
About 15 miles of krusty fun...........until this guy tried to hijack my bike while I wasn't lookin............

20210417_085903.jpg

not sure what this is/was or how it ended up out in the woods along this trail.......I know it's a ninja turtle but not why a plastic life size robot of one ended up out here. People pose it doing different things. Today it was doing handstand against a tree before trying to take off on my bike.

·
Old, fat, and slow
803 Posts
By the way, I am not That foul-mouthed ..... I hear that Northerners who came South at the start of Reconstruction to take over farms (read "steal land") no longer managed by their owners, were called this because the area between theirs shirts and hats would get sunburned.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
iffin i here banjos, out comes the .45 with laser sight.......oh, i might not of suppose to let folks in on the ride carry thing? woods? boy scout be prepared thing is standard right? why else would i ride with a 3ltr backpack thing? otherwise i'd be out for backflips and tabletops and superman seat grabs most likely........pffffff ......or pho reeyul? i'll never tell

all that aside, that mud was consistency of sticky clingy dogsheeyite, i will not ride those trails again unless dry to superdry.

Reactions: maelochs

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
Yes I did! After 6 weeks out of the saddle, today I saw the surgeon and was cleared to return to the saddle! I drove home, donned my cycling togs, and hit the road on my touring bike with canine companion Chip chilling in his trailer. We only covered 11mi, but after the recent hiatus, I'll take it. Great ride, and I'm looking forward to another one tomorrow. Hooray! I'm so glad to be back in the saddle again.

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
Yes I did! After 6 weeks out of the saddle, today I saw the surgeon and was cleared to return to the saddle! I drove home, donned my cycling togs, and hit the road on my touring bike with canine companion Chip chilling in his trailer. We only covered 11mi, but after the recent hiatus, I'll take it. Great ride, and I'm looking forward to another one tomorrow. Hooray! I'm so glad to be back in the saddle again.
It'll be like starting over!

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
Another day, another ride! This time, I took the 'bent out for a spin after replacing the rear seat cover. Canine companion Chip logged 3mi of running while I did a total of 15mi. I'd still be out if I had the fitness level to support it. The day was magnificent, and all the better in that I got to enjoy some of it my bike!

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
16mi on the 'bent today, again with canine companion Chip. I had intended to ride the touring bike, but my failure to apply sunscreen yesterday meant it hurt to wear MTB shorts on a diamond frame today. At least I didn't make the burn any worse.

It was another bluebird day, with temps in the 70's, no clouds, and a mild breeze. Chip only ran half a mile, choosing to ride the rest of the way. After turning down water 2x on the trail, he drank like he was dying the moment we arrived home. I'd be worried, but he knows all about his mobile water dish at this point and doesn't hesitate to use it if he's thirsty. I try to offer water often enough that he turns it down at least once out of every 3-4 tries. Just at the moment, with my fitness level well off, the 'water' stops are more frequent. All the better to catch my breath :cool:.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
Opposite here.....2 inches of rain yesterday, 3 inches between midnight and 1000 this morning. While I was very tempted to do rain ride, ms150 got cancelled and since parts on hand to do complete brake job on stache to be done with all it's service needs for another 4 years or so I opted to do that. I wouldna felt right riding when all those other folkses ride got cancelled.........ummmmmm, maybe not but chose wrenching....details and pics in the wuttuv u dun 2 ur bike thread.

Reactions: maelochs

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
Only 8mi today, but that gives me a total of 50 since I was cleared to return to the saddle on Wednesday. After 6 weeks on the couch recovering from my second surgery, I'll take it. That said, my legs are pretty well cooked. Good times.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
Just short of 9mi today. I took canine companion Chip out for a quick ride under angry skies and plenty of wind. More miles would have been better, but I'll take what I can get, and didn't have a lot of time today.

17541 - 17560 of 17578 Posts