Two Spoke Forums banner
17661 - 17668 of 17668 Posts

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
33+ miles with 1,398 “flat” feet of elevation.
My friends took me to a “flat” place to take an easy spin, since I’m really not ready to climb yet.

About a third of the way through, i said something about the climbs and they found it humorous that I called the little bumps climbs.

-thought to self: you really are in poor condition!!-

We had a grand time and really did take it easy with several short breaks along the way.
The area was great for cycling and i hope to return again in a few weeks.[/I]

·
Old, fat, and slow
883 Posts
I was deprived on the option of doing another Newleaf-inspired ride (leaving in the rain and getting soaked) because the rain has passed and now it is steam bath/barbeque season, which is like riding on a grille is a a hot cloud .... proving to be very tough for a fat old man in bad shape. I scraped out 20 miles, but it wasn't as fun as getting pounded by cold rain. .....

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
It started out perfect, if almost a tad chilly with almost no traffic, after about 90 minutes, everyone must have decided to go for s drive at the same time. Geesh.
Even with that, this was the best feeling ride, since getting my road bike back on the road.
34 miles 2,169’ up

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,366 Posts
I set out with canine companion Chip under angry skies, figuring I'd spin out a few miles before the forecast rain set in. It's been a rough week and Chip has suffered an adventure deficit as I have a lack of saddle time. He hates the rain, but I figured a short adventure was better than none.

Then the clouds thinned and the sun appeared, here and there at least. The peek-a-boo act kept temps in the mid 70's and the rain held off, so we kept rolling. I ended the day with 32mi, while Chip put in a personal best 7mi of running alongside the bike. It made for an unexpectedly nice day for us both.

17661 - 17668 of 17668 Posts