Two Spoke Forums banner
17821 - 17840 of 17846 Posts

·
Old, fat, and slow
966 Posts
I have been struggling to find time to ride .... finally got some free time last evening .... jumped on my bike, stepped on the pedal, and it snapped right off.

Not much compared to heart attacks, leukemia, and Covid, but man, that was frustrating .... And two of my other bikes are down with (probably expensive) wheel issues. The whole mess was so depressing I just went and did some qigong, and left the bikes alone.

The anti-bike force is strong lately ....

Glad the rest of you are still carrying the torch forward into the encroaching darkness.

·
tall old member
1,410 Posts
I have been struggling to find time to ride .... finally got some free time last evening .... jumped on my bike, stepped on the pedal, and it snapped right off.

Not much compared to heart attacks, leukemia, and Covid, but man, that was frustrating .... And two of my other bikes are down with (probably expensive) wheel issues. The whole mess was so depressing I just went and did some qigong, and left the bikes alone.

The anti-bike force is strong lately ....

Glad the rest of you are still carrying the torch forward into the encroaching darkness.
That’s all that tremendous power in those legs. It’s a wonder you didn’t snap the chain. Don’t you have spare pedals?

·
tall old member
1,410 Posts
Just don't let them talk you into giving up your bike and getting a horse and buggy ........
I think there is a better chance of it going the other way. They seem real interested in my bike. They are new order Amish so it is up to the local bishop to decide what to allow. They are still not allowed tractors or rubber tires but they have generators for their businesses, chainsaws, and gasoline powered water pumps.

I think the rubber tires on the bikes is their biggest objection but they did start using rubber tired wagons to haul groceries when they walk to the Amish grocery store. They are getting there slowly.

When I ride past the Amish school and there are kids outside playing they all stop and wave to me and watch me until I’m out of sight.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,487 Posts
Like me, canine companion Chip hasn't seen any trail time in more than a week. Unfortunately, his trailer is down for repairs. That meant we needed to stick close to home when I finally hit the saddle again. He was so excited to get to run alongside while I rode. We did a total of 3mi around the neighborhood. It felt good to be back on the bike. It' been a rough couple of weeks.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,029 Posts
tweaked back at work yesterday somehow, not sure when. So I did some stretching to stretch it out and then went and did a barely lower shenanigan blast around the hood and viola, better.......and found a bit of play in rear suspension and narrowed it down to the shock. All frame pivots tight. Doesn't seem bushing related either. Seems like upcoming posts to what have you done to your bike thread will be coming.......

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,029 Posts
Aaaaah, is what it is....I have the original Fox CTD and a couple of RS rr shocks that are same travel and stroke so it isn't like I don't have anything to put in there and continue to punish but the one on there is the Push customized one so any of what I have will be downgrade of sort just to get by on until the other one can be fixed or replaced........and a "few" other bikes sittin around that might get more play than they do now, lol........

·
tall old member
1,410 Posts
I rode 14 miles around the twelve mile lake today. I finished a lap and went a bit further to check out a falling tree that I had to ride under on the first lap. Need to keep helmet on when riding under it. It could come crashing down at any time.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,487 Posts
Today I made it out with canine companion Chip for a 12mi checkride of the modifications to his 'new' BOB Yak trailer. I fitted it out like the Burley, for use while the Burley is down for repairs. It was a ride I've been needing. So good to be out amongst the changing leaves, rolling a favorite local route. Chip ran for 4 of the 12mi and seemed ready for more mileage when we ran out of light and had to head home.

My Montague X folding MTB did a great job of towing, as it has with the Burley. The Yak is definitely lighter, but more noisy when towed over uneven terrain. I'm not sure why, but it has a couple of odd series of rattles and pops which I'd like to eliminate. Great to be back on the trail with my dog, though. He so loves to go. The MTB's new Panaracer Fire XC tires simply ate up the few sections of loose sand as though it was hard packed.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,487 Posts
22mi today, still on the folding MTB with canine companion Chip rolling in his temporary replacement trailer. He ran for 4.5mi before breaking into spontaneous fasties in the back yard upon returning home. Worn out he was not :giggle:.

Beautiful day for a ride. The height of the color is probably past, but there are still plenty of pretty leaves hanging onto their trees. The low angle light made the air itself seem to glow. Getting into the saddle has been particularly difficult of late, but I keep trying and it keeps paying off when I manage to get out.

17821 - 17840 of 17846 Posts