Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a couple of things I had no been able to do before.

1. I rode 15.6 mph for more than a few seconds and I was not going down hill before now I was staying at about 12 miles and I remember not to long ago I was dying at 5 mph at that same streach of road.

2. I actually was able to stand up and peddle not for a long distance only about 5 rotations but did it several times.

It may not be impressive to everyone but i don't care

and I saw this guy who was ridding he passed me and then we got to talking and he said he rides 50 to 60 miles a day. I had seen him before.

As I've said I'm over weight but I've lost about 7 lbs so far but I think I've started to lose some inches if not so much weight I have to be building muscle. right? lol
:eek::):rolleyes::D:D:p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congrats on the progress, and more results will come with more work.

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Awesome congrats keep on riding. Soon you be going faster farther harder. :D it's great fun the more ya do it.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
:thumbsup: Keep on trucking moma, truck them blues away. That song keeps playing in my head when I read your post. :D

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
Awesome! I know I have enjoyed reading about your accomplishments. A bad ankle sprain has been keeping me off the bike lately but it's time to get back at it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Excellent progress! And the great thing is it will continue.

Nigal: Sorry to hear about the sprained ankle... Hope you're healed and back at it soon.

·
22 Posts
You're doing so great! I'm still just working on not falling off my bike, LOL.

Keep at it. You're my role model.

And oh yeah.... stop weighing yourself! You are building muscle so the scale wont really reflect your fat loss anyway. Concentrate on how good you feel and the sense of satisfaction of all you are accomplishing!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
And oh yeah.... stop weighing yourself! You are building muscle so the scale wont really reflect your fat loss anyway. Concentrate on how good you feel and the sense of satisfaction of all you are accomplishing!
So true. You are both burning fat and building muscle so your weight will be a bit of a roller coaster. I let the way my clothes fit... or actually how they no longer fit, tell me I'm making progress.

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are great thanks for the encouragement. and I read about where one of ya wrote about how as time passed and you found areas that were difficult becoming more easier and that is what I'm doing now. places I had to peddle my hardest and not get over 5 mph I'm now coasting over and going 10 mph. small up grades that where killing me ( not real hills) Ive learned how to shift and get over with ease.
I've never had anyone call me a roll model wow .. ("head may be swelling :D")
my bf will be home Thursday and I think it will be Saturday when we plan on going on our long ride. as that will be the coolest day he is home. ( he works in Boston and flies back and forth)
I was trying to go riding around 4 but the heat has been so awful it was 8 pm before I left the house yesterday and the heat index was still 109
I've been riding just over 8 wks now and I ride every day not always a long way but always ride.
and I still have a hard time from not failing over at times. I can not ride down a side walk to save my life. always scared I Will ride off the edge. unless there is grass on both sides. and I can not ride through post or gates . or up steep hills I know i can make it up over passes and rail road tracks. oh and I also worry about any uneven ground.. and why is it we have to ride in the rutty side of the road filled with pot holes??? Indiana is the pot hole capital of the world I think lol .. but like I said cars here are good about going around and giving lots of room for bikes but I think that is because they are use to having to go around large farm equipment and it's just habit.
OK I'm rambling have a great day !!!!! and Thank YOU ALL!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts