Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,597 Posts
I'd love to give it a shot, Ryno, but I'll have to content myself with following your progress via the forum this year. :thumbsup: to you for doing it again. Way to HTFU!

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well... I only did the 111mi "Half Pint" last year and it took me about 12hrs with stops and all. It was my first century. I wish this stupid cold would gtfo or at least stay above 35* so I can ride comfortably with gear. Registration is Sat. I'll prob register for the 200 and see how jan-march goes.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I'll be there. But I think you already knew that. I'll be out on the 200 again. I hope my stomach cooperates more than last year, and I hope the winds are as calm as they were. I'm not sure we can get that lucky with the wind/weather 2 years in a row.

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, I think we were quite fortunate to have overcast until about 11am. It made the morning quite pleasant to ride in.

But man when the wind went away, it got HOT!

I think I'll register for the 200. My crazy friends are going to try to whoop me into shape it sounds. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, my riding buddy is telling me to do the 200 too. Ugh... I guess i'll give it a try.

Is your GF doing the 200 this year too Xela? Maybe this year we 3 can get a pint and a picture ;)

I know K is planning on doing the full 100 at LR100.

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
My hat is off to you guys! I have no desire whatsoever to be on a bike that long. Oddly, I would like to do a double someday but...prolly wont happen :)

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I have more time to train and a lot of friends pushing me now. If I don't make it the whole way it's my fault.

Is it possible? Sure! Can I do it? We'll find out!

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
I guess my husband and I will be doing the Dirty Kanza Light (50 mile ride). Kind of excited about it actually.

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess my husband and I will be doing the Dirty Kanza Light (50 mile ride). Kind of excited about it actually.
Bump upto the 100. It's doable ;) I did my first century ever last year and it was on gravel.

But on a lighter note I plan on riding 55-60mi gravel\pavement from Topeka to Lawrence and back. Stopping at Johhny's Tavern for lunch and beers before riding back. :D

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
No way I'm doing the 100. I'll be lucky to manage 50 on gravel. But it will be a nice change. I've always wanted to ride in the flint hills. Would like to do the Kandango this spring too but the date hasn't been announced yet.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Everyone still in for next weekend?

Can't believe we're less than two weeks out. Definitely don't feel as prepared as last year physically, but if I can avoid the stomach issues that plagued me last year, I still should improve my time.

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not. I might show up for the event though. My cycling this year has just plain out sucked! Shoulder Injury and Back Issues! Then the whole not riding enough. I don't want to be miserable.

To add to it all my wife hasn't been feeling too good mentally either. Tis that time of year.

I apologize Alex. There's always next year. I want to do the LR100 for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Sorry, man! But it looks like, as was the case in Stillwater, you might be picking a good year to skip. Storms in the forecast for everyday next week. :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts