Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Paved Trail Enthusiast
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first visit to the Lehigh Trail in Palm Coast Florida was in March 2012. A former railroad corridor built in 1952, this was a really nice scenic trail. However in a wooded area close to Colbert Lane I spotted rails heading into a sparse wooded section. So I went in a little ways and couldn't believe my eyes. A huge section of tracks as far as I could see. I took some photos but wanted more. I also wanted a good video. So on 6-12-12 I put on boots in case of snakes, braved mosquitos, and explored all of the area. Lots of really incredible remnants still here. I think my video came out pretty good. It's on my website. Plus I was able to get lots of additional photos. I was very lucky to spot this on my first trip. For sure. Thanks for seeing.

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,436 Posts
Awesome! I'd be worried about the skeeters and ticks too!

·
Paved Trail Enthusiast
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for seeing rola. No snakes were spotted at all. This time. I will be returning to shoot more video, and I will make sure I am drenched in OFF so I don't have to rush so much. Take care.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
About a dozen of us are headed off into the woods this Saturday morning on mountain bikes to go see this old tunnel. Built in 1882, this old Southern Railways train tunnel was abandoned in 1980. Should be a fun ride.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Exploring is fun & the bike can do it.
I investigated the tracks a couple weeks ago and found a homeless camp.
I need to get out of the city.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts