Dishwasher help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Smiley, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Smiley

Smiley New Member

I figured one of you men would know how to help me out! My dishwasher is leaving my dishes with a yucky white film on everything, and gunk on the glasses that are close to the door. I have a rinsing agent in there, so what do I need to do to fix this?! Help please!!:hate:

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Run it with a bunch of lemon juice in there.

3. Smiley

Smiley New Member

I thought maybe vinegar, but where do I put it? Just dump it in the bottom?

4. vitapimp

vitapimp New Member

fire him/her and get another dishwasher.

when we bought our house it came with a dishwasher. i think in the 8 years that we have lived here we've used it twice. we wash everything by hand.

5. Industry_Hack

I thought that in Texas, loading the dishwasher meant getting your wife drunk...

Pretty sure that was Jeff Foxworthy.

Smiley, does your water suck? Can you drink the tap water?

6. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Not everything that's hard is good, especially hard water and it sounds like that's what you have. If the other suggestions don't work, you may be lookin' at some water treatment ala reverse osmosis to clear up your spotty dishes.

7. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Has the dishwasher always done this? If not then it could be a drainage problem, you might also check to make sure the jets in the spayers aren't clogged.

If it has always done this, it might be a water issue, but the rinsing agent should have fixed that, what rinsing agent is for, it basically breaks down the surface tension of the water so it drains off before it can spot the dishes.

I'm guessing it is a jet problem, you might want to take a look there. If the pump at the very bottom of the dishwasher where the water is pumped from is full of crud, clean it out and run it empty, vinegar or lemon juice would be good, probably lemon juice is better since the chemistry would work better. Also if there is still a lot of water in the bottom the pump might be bad.

Good luck, if that doesn't help, let me know and we can try a couple other things.

DrB

8. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Thanks all! Yes I can drink the water, had a reverse osmosis machine before which was great but too pricey for me now. Hard water is the problem, so I am thinking it is all gunked up. Will take the bottom apart later today and run it. It has just been getting worse lately.

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

No we just call that eh.

For instance, "Hey Clem whatchya doin nite?"
    "Eh"
    "Sounds good lemme no when she dun."

You do realize that Texas is like the hub of technological break through in the US right? Were redneck Chic. We also have one of the highest percentage of illegal aliens that lead to our test scores being so low and because illegal aliens don't pay taxes yet lay claim to social programs we can't do much to fix it. I've been to the retarded south and trust me Texas ain't no where nears it.

10. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

hey industry hack, liked that one about getting the wife drunk...excellent

11. Industry_Hack

I stopped at a gas station in Shamrock, Texas, and asked the girl how far it was to the next station.

Her reply: "It's about 80 miles from here. If you go 70, you'll get there in an hour".

12. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

sorry smiley it doesn't help you though, wash them by hand i find it's theraput...theraputi... it's good for the soul...i listen to the radio when i do mine.

13. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

14. Smiley

Smiley New Member

I HAVE been washing them by hand...AFTER the dishwasher. It is NOT saving my water, very annoying.

15. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I do them by hand for ascetic reasons.