Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
Wow, you really are leaving it to us to do it ourselves. LOL!

·
one eyed member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, you really are leaving it to us to do it ourselves. LOL!
No...I made this thread,posted pics,everything looked great and worked great until........I rode it,and the back of the trunk rubbed my back.No real way to fix the problem man.So I ended up getting a "sling" backpack and suits my need great.Carries bungees,tools,etc with room to spare,and with bungees,a pack and a rear rack I can make it home with a decent amount of stuff.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
Hey I saw this over at Planet Bike and thought of you. $64

Escape Pod

·
one eyed member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Nigal...Well,got to looking around and happend to run across my motorcycle tailbag that is near new,and that I paid $25 for.Put it on the rack,looks good? Try'd to make sure it all fit,and it does.Spent about ten minutes altering the way it is supposed to be secured on the motorcycle,to make it smaller for the rear rack,and bingo! PERFECT.Reflective piping on side and rear.Big pockets on both sides.Built-in rain cover.Exact size to fit my U-lock,just really a perfect fit for the bike,the rack and for what I need...After investing $30 in stuff to make a lockbox that didnt work,and $10 for a "sling bag"that works OK,but is not really what I wanted,what I needed was here the whole time...Im an idiot.
Will post pics later as I am watching UFC 131 rightttttttt nowwwwww!!!!!!

·
one eyed member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if you read through this thread you will see that I failed on making the DIY box,not so much the box itself,but how it was mounted was impratical...But I have used a motorcycle tailbag instead,not lockable,but quickly removable,and looks good.This particular bag was bought from walmart.com for less than $25 delivered.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,500 Posts
Very nice!

·
one eyed member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Nigal.I rode w/it today and I think Im happy with it,especially as I can still use it for my motorcycle if need be,so it was kinda "free".It also has a carrying handle so when I go into the store,I can carry it with me like a man purse :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thoght about getting this trunk bag for my MTX A type rear beam rack by topeak:http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/topeak_mtx_trunk_bag_dxp_with_side_panniers.jpg Its alittle expencive but the way I see it is if I am going to keep a bag for a while I might as well get the best one I can. Total price for that one is arround $80. Its topeak's ultamate trunk bag. I now go with topeak for most of my cargo accessories. Theyare quite reliable. Its handy if you dont want to keep locking a bag all the time. You can bring the bag with you as it can slide on or off and clip on to the rear rack with a quick track system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The DXP seires has side panners which can be used as extra cargo space. They fold out of the side compartments. You should get panner frames for your rear MTX beam rack if you have one before getting a bag like this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts