DIY Stands

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by TxCyclist, Dec 7, 2009.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Saw a great PVC stand in Bike Registry.

Anyone else have any DIY stands or jigs you have built?

2. mike047

mike047 New Member

here is one of the places that I got the idea for mine;

Bike Rack

Mine is pictured in "my bikes" Defy3

I have another also for longer term storage in another area. the one you see is for my ride "launch":)

3. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

I don't think this is what you were asking for but here are some pics of the PVC broom rack I made for volunteer greenway cleanup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Thanks now I will have to make a version for the bed of my truck

5. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Ryan, do you come up with these ideas, or is there a site that you get them from?

6. HandsomeRyan

No website. I just see a need for something and try to figure out a way to solve the problem. I've always like building stuff so I dabble in woodworking, welding, composites fabrication (fiberglass), moldmaking/casting, sewing, plumbing, and other skills that helped me build stuff. Right now I live in a tiny apartment and I'm unemployed but until a few months ago I had a full garage/workshop to play in and a job that provided the capital to buy tools and materials.

I actually purchased a domain name (thecooperproject.com) with the idea of documenting some of the things I have built but I've lacked to motivation to add any content.

I do frequent websites like bikehacks, instructables, and that sort of thing.

7. HandsomeRyan

(sorry for the threadjack)

Also - If you like the broom rack, here are a few other things I made (that I can't remember if I've already posted here before or not)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (this thing was an epic failure as a ridable bike but it does look really cool)

8. Michigander

Michigander Member

As far as work stands, 550 cord tied to a branch, and tied to the frame. Or the same, except tied to a joist in a garage. If you want to be fancy, you can put hooks on the bike end. An easy and extremely cheap way to do that is to make the hooks with coat hanger, and pad them with duct tape, or perhaps a small automotive hose.