do it yourself bike rack

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by wild, Jan 29, 2010.

1. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Here is my version of a bike rack made from 3/4"pvc that was on Instructables - Make, How To, and DIY theres was a 1 bike and I made mine for 3. I would think you can make it for more. The one think I would change is the hight of the pices that hold up the wheel mine is a little tight on a 700-38c wheel I used his dementions but I did not use L at the ends that might be the differnce.
    One more thing I made a 1/2" spacer between the Ts for more room for a fat tire
    Have Fun

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Good job. I like it.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I need the six-pack one.

4. wild

I think you can make it as big you want or you could add some on the other side facing the opposite direction

5. wild

Boy this rack has come in handy, holds the bike nice and sturdy. I use it to air up the tire, ajust the seat, wright down the readings on the cycle computer. I built it to hold the bikes when I take them out of the shed, but it has held the bike for me to do many things. I am realy likeing it. I think I have 10 or 15 $$ in parts :thumbsup:

6. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

do you see very much flex from the PVC? or does it stay pretty true?

7. wild

No I don't see any flex I used 3/4" pvc. It is light too, I drag it where ever. One outher thing when I built it I thaught that I would have to put a bike in the center first for weight, but I can put one in the end first with out it moveing, so it is a lot better than expected.
    I might build a simular one to fit in my pichup bed to hold 3 or 4 bikes I have some ideas. Now that it is warmer it won't be so bad on the old bones

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010