Two Spoke Forums banner

do it yourself bike rack

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  wild 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is my version of a bike rack made from 3/4"pvc that was on Instructables - Make, How To, and DIY theres was a 1 bike and I made mine for 3. I would think you can make it for more. The one think I would change is the hight of the pices that hold up the wheel mine is a little tight on a 700-38c wheel I used his dementions but I did not use L at the ends that might be the differnce.
One more thing I made a 1/2" spacer between the Ts for more room for a fat tire
Have Fun

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Boy this rack has come in handy, holds the bike nice and sturdy. I use it to air up the tire, ajust the seat, wright down the readings on the cycle computer. I built it to hold the bikes when I take them out of the shed, but it has held the bike for me to do many things. I am realy likeing it. I think I have 10 or 15 $$ in parts :thumbsup:

#7 · (Edited)
No I don't see any flex I used 3/4" pvc. It is light too, I drag it where ever. One outher thing when I built it I thaught that I would have to put a bike in the center first for weight, but I can put one in the end first with out it moveing, so it is a lot better than expected.
I might build a simular one to fit in my pichup bed to hold 3 or 4 bikes I have some ideas. Now that it is warmer it won't be so bad on the old bones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.