Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
Do Not buy an electric bike kit from pegasus power systems.

Pegasus power systems electric bike kit review.

147 13th St
Seal Beach, CA 90740
562-818-3437
Electric Bikes,electric bicycle motor kits,bike conversions

He also sells many electric bike kits in ebay store, Dales Best 4 Bikes, and ebay seller tiewife.

Pegasus power systems acts like a big bike shop but google images of address shows a tiny one car garage.

I asked Dale about warranty before I desiding on a electric bike kit to buy. He said motor for 1 year and other parts for 90 day excluding the batteries. I chose the pegasus Power system soley because of warranty. I could have saved over $100 If I bought a different kind of electric bike kit on ebay w/o a warranty. I asked if a thumb throttle would work, Dale said he would send one with purchase and to remind him at payment. I reminded him in paypals instructions to merchant. He emailed me to see if it was a 26inch or 24, It clearly said in paypal invoice 26 inch and he didnt understand it (i should have noticed then that he wasnt the sharpest crayon in the box). Anyway I replied 26 inch and thumb throttle please.

When the pegasus power systems electric bike kit arrived no thumb throttle was included. The axle on the motor, wire side, had an abnormal shape and twist on the end of it. The nut would not go on correcly from the very 1st time. It went on but eventually stripped the nut and the axle. Axle has flat sides to hold in fork there is no threads there, then there is an additional 1/4 cutout on top (i dont know why) leaving maybe less than 50% of all around regular bolt treads missing. Then one side of the cutouts on the top of mine is twisted, deformed, sticking outward where it cuts off theads on any nut. I called Dale best 4 bikes. He was mostly concerned about the return shipping and suggested I try to fix it myself. I asked if he could just send an axle and I'll replace it and he told me no, motor can not be taken apart and axle replaced. I asked him to find out what the threads were and he said he would. He did not. Pegasus power systems told me its my fault because I didnt disconnect connector and take off washers off wire (not in instructions) and not the cause. I bought a new nut and a thread cleaning die (auto parts guy figured out threads). It worked only whell enough to get new nut on but after a flat change nut and axle stripped more. Axle is deformed with a factory deformation that cuts threads on the nuts and then strips axle. Maybe 2 or 3 flat changes more and axle will be totally useless and no nut will work making entire electric bike kit worthless.

3 days after receiving pegasus electric bike kit the throttle (with no throttle applied) just engaged on its own almost killing me. I was 1/2 way across very busy street stopped at median when the throttle engaged itself and drove me out into oncoming traffic. I told Dale this on a weds and by friday throttle totally died stuck on 1/2 power or about 11mph, slower than one can peddle. He said he would have one sent in morning. later he tells me he sent 2 replacements one on weds and another on sat. Now why would he send one on sat if he already sent me one on weds? One week goes two, three weeks....The whole time im stuck at 11mph. I still havent received either throttle replacement. He claims my mail lost them and or I misplaced them and have 2 replacements plus the original sitting around my place somewhere. (implying my mailmen and myself are idiots). Had I known I wasnt getting a replacement for 4 weeks I would have ordered my own or taken off heavy dead electric kit and just peddled faster than 11mph. 4th week being stuck at 11mph I bought my own replacement elsewhere that arrived in 3 days. back in business I thought.

Another flat. this time another new nut is barely hanging on to stripped axle. This is dangerous for electric bike kit powered hubs, nuts must be tight.

I ask Dale at pegasus power systems why no thumb throttle and send 2 screen shots of paypal instructions and email. No answer. I ask Dale for tracking info so i can trace missing packages (2 packages from 2 different days from same person lost... yah right). Pegasus power systems wont respond. I try to talk about deformed stripped axle even show him pics. He wont respond. I threaten BBB complaint he still dont respond. I did file BBB complaint against pegasus power systems and Dale ignores them too. BBB tells me hes not registered with them and if he dont respond they cant do anything but give bad rating / review on thier website and I have to take legal action on my own. I even talked to paypal and theres not really anything they can do either(I bought from his site not ebay) and beware he's selling on ebay now.

So I'm gonna be out almost $500 for electric bike kit, money for throttle, nuts, thread die, and have factory blemished axle that will become totally useless and make entire ebike kit worthless next time I get a flat. Not to mention heavy 25lbs battery case mounts to carrier by little plastic pieces that quickly broke and the battery lock was flimsy junk and broke too.

I dont have money for lawsuit from florida to california so I'm going to tell truth and give this review about him everywhere I can to prevent him from ripping off other good people out of their hard earned money.

Do Not buy an electric bike kit from pegasus power systems.

Pics can be seen at Pegasus Power Systems

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Without photos, I don't understand what the issue is with the axle, other than it was bad and you made it worse. And there's no reason that an axle couldn't be replaced.

You're not the first person (this month even) to post on the forums for the sole purpose of complaining about an electric bike dealer. You buy junk, and then you're surprised when it turns out to be junk. Probably looked like a good deal at the time though.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Looks like user damage to me as well, of course we're looking at it after the fact with no way to know what it looked liked the moment he opened the package. Then I guess what is weird is that I did a web search for complaints and reviews and nothing bad comes up at all, in fact their called the leading inovator of the electric bicycles! And the companies products have been highly regarded.

If a package has been lost and it was sent by FedEx or UPS then there is tracking sources available and the company should be able to track where those packages are and give you tracking numbers to prove they sent the packages. And if the tracking numbers review that the packages did indeed arrive at your home then yes, you have a problem with either yourself or theft.

Why can't the axle be able to accept a quick release skewer? Just remove the threaded bolt and slide in a skewer, I did that with a MTB I had.

I think maybe you ought to settle down, call the company you bought the bike from, explain what happened in a calm nice voice and ask them what they can do to assist you with the problem. Getting angry and screaming and acting like a child will get you nothing from them other then laughs at the other end after you hang up. It would be better at this point if they offer you a part to fix the problem to pay for it and move on. If you still feel like complaining you need to take it up with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

By the way this BS about not having money for a lawsuit is stupid, you can go to small claims court where filing fees average $30 -$50, but can run $10 -$220 or more depending on location and the amount of money involved in the claim, and no lawyers are usually allowed in the court thus you don't need to have one. Plus the cost of certified mail or process server to let the other party know of the suit. But these cost can be added into the lawsuit. But to do that you better have all copies of every communication including times and dates and what was communicated and all evidence. Here's a couple of sites that can help you prepare, read the both sites in their entirety: http://www.abanet.org/abastore/products/books/abstracts/2350234_ch5.pdf
Offering Witness Testimony in Small Claims Court - Free Legal Information - Nolo

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
The BBB is voluntary. A business owner can join, and advertise that they are a member. Basically, all that says is that they are willing to treat customers a certain way, and address any issues in a timely manner. If they're not a member, then taking a complaint to them (the BBB) means nothing.

If you take someone to small claims court and win, you have a judgment, which is nothing more than a piece of paper, and not always the easiest thing to enforce, especially across country.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
its not user damage. from the very 1st assembly the nut would not go on. Its Dale who suggested i try to clean the threads with thread die. He did not pay the 70 cents for tracking on packages so i have no way to find them. I called both my post office and his. I offered to replace axle myself if he would send me one. He wont. I read alot of these china made axles have there threads cut on a lathe not a die and tollerance is off. this one has a outward twist on one side cutting threads off nuts that go on it. The axle end is deformed and thats the way it came. It was not supposed to be cheap junk and I'd like warranty honored. I cant use quick release. There is a power wire thro axle. Im just trying to inform good people so that they can make an informed desision before buying from this company. If you guys know where I could buy a new axle and talk me thro the replacment, Id love to do it.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Chinese made bicycles are bad, sorry. But so is almost everything made in China. I would suggest you take the bike to an LBS and see if they can either fix it or remake the hub with a new axle.

With Small Claims judgements most companies will pay rather then go through a bunch of hassle as a result of not paying. Read this for more info: How to Enforce a Small Claims Judgment | eHow.com and visit the Nolo web site I gave in my last post for further info on collection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for info, I have tracked down the china factory who makes them. maybe I will contact them and see if they can help.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
PayPal should have got your money back!

You should have put it back in a box to start with.

You buy junk, you get junk!

Have a happy.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
That's why I said "Should" have.

Once he messed with it, it's his.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts