Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,146 Posts
The JerseyBin sounds like a great little product. I'll be interested to see how this contest plays out.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yowza! What do we have to do to win that ????
----*EDIT*----
Guess I'll pass since I already own one and can say it will be well worth it!
The only reason I haven't posted the rules here is that I want folks to read about the product first, then enter here. And yes, I may be simple and easily impressed, but it's a handy little product for all sorts of outdoor activities.

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, why do we have such a difficult time giving stuff away? In some cases, we're waiving advertising fees in exchange for product that we're giving away to members. Is it the products, or are people just wary that it can be so easy to get something free? Because there are no strings attached with these giveaways - I just want to help make this site a great place for cyclists, and free stuff seems like a nice little bonus for members.

Anyone care to offer some feedback?

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
I can tell you i hate writing BUT really like the easy wins!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Man, why do we have such a difficult time giving stuff away? In some cases, we're waiving advertising fees in exchange for product that we're giving away to members. Is it the products, or are people just wary that it can be so easy to get something free? Because there are no strings attached with these giveaways - I just want to help make this site a great place for cyclists, and free stuff seems like a nice little bonus for members.

Can speak for myself, but I'll only enter to win if it's something that I want and will use. Free is great, but I don't want it just because.

Having said that, I am interested in one of these. I do get caught in the rain occasionally and it's be great the keep the phone in.

I'll get riding in the week, but no commuting for me... that's a death wish. Heard on the radio this morning that a cyclist was hit during rush hour.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts

On other sites within the network they run a simple rule set.

Here's one from JeepForum.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f261/truck-lite-7-round-headlamp-giveaway-1363128/

It's just to give you an idea of what I think has worked in the past.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not sure why you are having problems trying to give stuff away but I would think that lots of folks could use the products you have been giving away lately. Myself I posted over on IO but won't post to try and win here since I don't commute. I am retired so all of my riding is for fun.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,146 Posts
If I'm very lucky, I'll manage a half-commute by bike on Friday - drive to work, leave the car overnight and cycle home. Problem is it's over 20mi each way and I still have to come up with a route for maybe 2/3 of the mileage. Grr. Also, my panniers should be delivered today <fingers crossed>, and will need to be tested before I go operational with them. In the mean time, I'm ineligible for this one :-(

Love the product, though!

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, I'm pretty sure I put in that if you are unable to commute, you only have to commit to getting in a ride this week. That should keep it open to anyone throwing a leg over their bike this week.

I'll look at what Dean posted, and see if I can make this less complicated.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I'd like to get entered in. I ride four to five times a week logging over 300 miles monthly. I have ridden 200 already this month. I ocassionally ride in and shortly after the rain so having a way to keep my cell phone dry is important to me. Riding solo on rural roads it would be good to know that my cell is dry and operational if an emergency may arise.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,146 Posts
Industry_Hack said:
Hey, I'm pretty sure I put in that if you are unable to commute, you only have to commit to getting in a ride this week. That should keep it open to anyone throwing a leg over their bike this week.

I'll look at what Dean posted, and see if I can make this less complicated.
Oh! I thought it was commute-only. In that case, I'm in: I rode 25mi on Mon and another 27 yesterday. I would be out stacking more miles up now if not for the forecast thunderstorms and a distaste for eloctrocution. I got my new bike on 4/10 and lack 13 miles to make 400 on it. I'll put any winnings to immediate use :)

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
I like the giveaways.
In this case, I am not entering, because I do not need the product and there are others that can benefit from winning it and hopefully let is know how it works after they use it a while.

Bring on additional giveaways. ;o)

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the giveaways.
In this case, I am not entering, because I do not need the product and there are others that can benefit from winning it and hopefully let is know how it works after they use it a while.

Bring on additional giveaways. ;o)
That's very noble of you. I'm trying to line up one giveaway per week, with a variety of items.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts