Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a short ride last night. I didn't turn on my computer/gps/tracker/log app, my first ride I can't tell you fastest speed, distance, time and calories burned. And I must say it was a most enjoyable ride.
Now I like to know all the stats, but their is something to be said for a ride just for the rides sake.
Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I ride for time. If I have an hour I ride for an hour. 20 minutes than it's 20. I log all miles ridden on a calender in my garage. I have been doing so for years and I have a lot of marked up calenders for no reason other than this is how far I road. Useless information is wonderful.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I log most rides but all my bikes dont have a cycle computer or the battery is dead in some, I like to know how many miles since I lubed the chain how many miles are on the tire, last time I changed a chain. So I log most every ride I can. and all that outher good stuff like avg spd, max spd, ood, miles road,

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
I use Strava on my Android phone as well as track what I do on my bike computer. I hope to have one of those shiney GPS bike computers someday. Role recently showed me the RidewithGPS site which looks very good if you use a GPS based bike computer.

To answer your question, yes, I track my rides.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I log every ride, but a lot of times I don't look at the GPS for anything other than the clock while I'm riding. Once at home I'll upload the file to one or more or the websites I use and look at the stats then.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
I use endomondo on the iphone. Don't look at when I am riding. Just upload at the end. Don't want to let it get in the way of how I want to ride at any given time. Ok if you just want relaxed cycling I guess.

·
Too Much Good Food
91 Posts
I tend to log most rides. I don't usually worry about how fast or how far. I just like looking at the miles, time and speed from time to time.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
I log every ride.
I occasionally just putt around. When I do this, I sometimes get the feeling I should be pushing myself harder.
Funny, I never worry about it when I ride with my kids and they always want to know "how far" and "how fast" they've been. To me though, it's all about The Ride when they are along. :) :)

·
1,393 Posts
Every one - like to compare LIKE rides - whether it is my road bike, my arm bike or the TDF trainer - I can tell if I am improving - plus when I accidentally clear my bike computer like I did yesterday I still have the data

·
137 Posts
Since i don't have a bike yet i guess i don't, but i usually track my runs however it is good to sometimes just leave the GPS at home and just run to run so i would imagine the same would hold true with biking

-dan-

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Since i don't have a bike yet i guess i don't, but i usually track my runs however it is good to sometimes just leave the GPS at home and just run to run so i would imagine the same would hold true with biking

-dan-
Bike/run by perceived effort, I like it.

·
215 Posts
I'm not racing anymore so I don't log anymore, it got tedious after awhile so for me it's best to forget it and enjoy riding. Obvious if you're racing you should be logging to see how you're improving and what can be done to get better. If you're not racing then it's optional.

·
39 Posts
I log every ride but only download after every 3 or 4 rides. I glance at the GPS to see avg. speed and time. I'm more concerned about the odometer and total miles for the summer.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
I log, graph, chart, analyze....to see where I can or have improved. All this just to go out and ride and do the same things over and over cuz in the end my legs and lungs dictate every ride :D

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,144 Posts
I track nearly all my rides, but don't focus on the numbers day to day - I mainly want the total mileage tally and queues to maintain my drive train. I track rides with Endomondo on my Android phone and a bar-mounted GPS - phone for ease of uploading rides, GPS because one day, I'm going to go long-distance cycle touring and will need it :cool: It also acts as my bike's odometer.

·
1,393 Posts
If you have a goal you tend to work harder - numbers are something I can measure - either that or my waist - as the numbers on the speedo have improved the waist has also - you skinny riders need not worry about that issue

·
The Back Row
2,514 Posts
I log as much as I can, besides ride data I include heart rate averages, max during the ride, and calories burned.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts