• Mountain Only

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Road and Mountain

Votes: 18 64.3%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I voted both, but it's all one bike. A lightweight mtn. bike with 1.5" street tires. I'd like a little smaller tire but that's the smallest I could find for a 26" wheel.
It's my "Urban Assault Vehicle" for bike paths, sidewalks & streets in SW Florida. Not too many mountains here, but the low gearing is good when I get off into soft sand. Also good for crawling over these 70' bridges when there's a 15 knot headwind. The bad news is that it has a 20 mph top speed.

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Road only, when I started riding, back in the stone age there was no such thing as a mountain bike.

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
I voted "both" although it's about 90% pavement riding and only 10% off road.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Even when I had my mountain bike, most of the time was on pavement. So, I got a new bike more suited for pavement, plus got one hek of a deal and couldn't pass it up:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you would have asked this question two weeks ago I would have answered road only. But I picked up a free Raleigh Tangent MTB last week and after looking it over carefully I think I will rebuild it into a hybrid, street and off-road. It has cantilever brakes, Shimano Deore LX 21-spd, and Rapid Fire shifters which I think I am gonna like A LOT!

Although I plan to keep at least one road bike, at my age I think bending over into a racing position isn't as comfortable as riding upright again. :D

Steve

Attachments

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
Road only, now, however I'm still on the lookout for my stolen MTB...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does that sticker on the big ring say "Biopace"?
Do you have any idea where the serial number is located? I was trying to find the date of manufacture. I'm guessing it was built around 1992. With all the rust it has I'll definitely need to replace some parts starting with the chain that is nearly rusted to the point of being one piece. :)

Steve

1 - 20 of 30 Posts