DO you shout as you cruise?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Biker, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Biker

Biker New Member

I was sitting at the bus stop and some guy yelled to your left as he passed. I turned and instantly moved. Any body else do that. I think joggers do it, at least when people make fun of joggers they do it. Do any of you shout directions when your cruising?

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Generally not. I just freewheel so they can hear me coming, slow down, and pass as wide as possible.

I'd be afraid that If I yelled out, the ped may get startled and step into my path. Plus, there are plenty of peds out there that don't know their right from their left anyway.

3. Biker

Biker New Member

Good point, people are stupid.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

No shouting is impolite.

5. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I am a shouter, I shout on your left or on your right, and you dum son of a b!;*# get over when thay come close with a car or truck

6. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

7. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. gatorguy

gatorguy New Member

When people are riding in the middle of the trail, or side by side hogging the whole trail width, yeah, I yell. I also give them "the look" ;)

But if someone is in control and on their own side, I don't.

9. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

I'll give a shout of "Comin' around!" when I get about 30 or so feet behind someone. Gives them time to look... if they do at all, which is about 60% of the time.

Yup... people are stupid.

If I don't get any cooperation, I get a little verbally irate -- yeah, try and catch me. I can do more than just pedal.....

10. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Don't usually ride where there are peds, but I don't yell, just go by cautiously. I think people get mixed up and will move into path. I will tell cyclists if I'm comin around sometimes, but depends, but like I said, not many peeps around where I ride.

DrB

11. boxhill

boxhill New Member

I shout at asinine drivers doing stupid things when I commute, and my language is often not very clean.
    :hate:

As for pedestrians and runners on shared trails, a few dings of the bell and a well-projected "On your left!" usually do the trick.

12. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I was on the track yesterday and yelled coming through then had to slam on my brakes because the people stepped right in my path. I'll never do that again.

13. vitapimp

vitapimp New Member

yeah, we shout.

funny thing, this past Wednesday when we were on our urban ride downtown this dude was walking and shouting "i am gonna bite your knee cap."