Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting at the bus stop and some guy yelled to your left as he passed. I turned and instantly moved. Any body else do that. I think joggers do it, at least when people make fun of joggers they do it. Do any of you shout directions when your cruising?

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Generally not. I just freewheel so they can hear me coming, slow down, and pass as wide as possible.

I'd be afraid that If I yelled out, the ped may get startled and step into my path. Plus, there are plenty of peds out there that don't know their right from their left anyway.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I am a shouter, I shout on your left or on your right, and you dum son of a b!;*# get over when thay come close with a car or truck

·
Registered
127 Posts
When people are riding in the middle of the trail, or side by side hogging the whole trail width, yeah, I yell. I also give them "the look" ;)

But if someone is in control and on their own side, I don't.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
I'll give a shout of "Comin' around!" when I get about 30 or so feet behind someone. Gives them time to look... if they do at all, which is about 60% of the time.

Yup... people are stupid.

If I don't get any cooperation, I get a little verbally irate -- yeah, try and catch me. I can do more than just pedal.....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't usually ride where there are peds, but I don't yell, just go by cautiously. I think people get mixed up and will move into path. I will tell cyclists if I'm comin around sometimes, but depends, but like I said, not many peeps around where I ride.

DrB

·
Registered
30 Posts
I shout at asinine drivers doing stupid things when I commute, and my language is often not very clean.
:hate:

As for pedestrians and runners on shared trails, a few dings of the bell and a well-projected "On your left!" usually do the trick.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I was on the track yesterday and yelled coming through then had to slam on my brakes because the people stepped right in my path. I'll never do that again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
yeah, we shout.

funny thing, this past Wednesday when we were on our urban ride downtown this dude was walking and shouting "i am gonna bite your knee cap."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts