Does anyone ride 26"

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by satnspwn, Mar 17, 2011.

1. satnspwn

satnspwn Mobile Mechanic

I have a 2004 30Th anniversary 26" Redline Monocog BMX. It's specked with Transition Revolution wheels/Redline sealed disc hubs, Hayes 9 disc brakes, Crupi cruiser bars, Race face 2 piece cranks, and Odyssey sealed peddles. I know a few other companies made them back in the late '70s to early '80s, such as SE, Cook Bros., GT, Mongoose, Laguna, and today's Fireman's Texas Cruiser. I use my big cruiser as a daily rider, and it's the center of attention wherever I go. Does anyone else out there rock a 26"? :thumbsup:

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

3. chibibike

chibibike Banned

I have a Del Sol 26" comfort bike but I don't ride it anymore.

4. Proline69

Proline69 New Member

Yes Sir , 20,24,26 and 29er all BMXs

[​IMG]

5. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

6. superj

superj still learning Tavern Member

I used to have a 24" Redline back in the army

7. carlharsch

carlharsch Senile Member

I still have a 93 Diamondback Sorrento 26er. Haven't ridden it much since getting the new bike in September.

8. superj

I would love a 24 or 26" bmx for the bowl downtown. My 20" GT works great but it would still be nice to not be cramped up

9. Proline69

Proline69 New Member

I also have a Firemans 26" Cruzer . This was just a mockup pic , I got the original fork , frame and bars custom painted . As soon as I rebuild it ill post up new pics . The green bike is a Huffy that I BMXed and giving to a good friend that's a Huffy fanatic , later today for a belated birthday present . Reason I got it was I resembled my Firemans Cruzer - decided to pass It on cause I picked up my Trek 750.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. canotryss

canotryss New Member

me too,20" GT works great but it would still be nice to not be cramped up.thank you[​IMG]

11. DELTUFFO

DELTUFFO New Member

12. superj

wow, thats old school.

13. Eurospeed

Eurospeed EuRoSpEeD

26" CCM in the snow :D

14. Proline69

Proline69 New Member

15. IHATEICECREAM

IHATEICECREAM New Member

I would love to get a 26 or 29in dirt bike WOW Going to build it:)

16. BobH

BobH New Member

Hi folks,
    I can't figure out where I belong, am I trials / BMX or am I single speed? Heck, maybe I'm both. I have a Haro 1.1 Steel Reserve that I bought new in 2010, this is my main ride. I just bought a 2009 Kona Shonky of the Bay. Both are 26 inch. I love the way the bikes handle, I live on the edge of a small town and ride in the country. These bikes take me anywhere I want to go.

I think I have out grown my puppy stage, I'm now 64 years old. I have both of the bikes geared slow, the Haro is 25 / 14 and the Shonky is a similar ratio. The logic is to be easy on my old knees. I'm not to good at it, but I so enjoy track stands. If I were 40 years younger, I'd be lusting over a stock trials bike.

BobH.

17. bianchinut

bianchinut New Member

Bontrager Privateer

26" of rigid fun!

18. gregoryduncan

gregoryduncan Banned

Yes I really ride these bike few years ago, it is very nice experience to ride these bike. These bike has the nice features like tyres, suspension, it eliminates unwanted compression hydraulic disc brakes etc. and it likely provide the more efficient ride.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014