·
'57 Schwinn Wasp
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Given the strong armed tactics that the NYPD have taken against cyclists I have no problem believing it could happen.

They'll block a bike path and than start issuing tickets when a cyclist exists the bike path. Even though NY law allows one to do so if it is unsafe to continue in it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
From the UK Guardian: Following the viral response one cyclist filmed after being ticketed for not riding in a bike lane in New York, a visiting Dutch cyclist, Jasmijn Rijcken reported she'd been confronted by a police officer, then threatened with a ticket for wearing a skirt. The problem, according to police officer, was that a cyclist in a skirt was distracting, and therefore dangerous to motorists and other road users.

Read more...
I also can't help but wonder what his reaction would have been if she had exercised her right to ride topfree? As a few years back NYS passed a law expressly giving women the right to go topfree anywhere a man can go without a shirt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also can't help but wonder what his reaction would have been if she had exercised her right to ride topfree? As a few years back NYS passed a law expressly giving women the right to go topfree anywhere a man can go without a shirt.
Sounds like a fair law to me!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sounds like a fair law to me!
I agree 100%, but sadly that doesn't prevent women from being harassed by small minded people. Mothers who have been breastfeeding their babies have been harassed by all sorts of "security" types.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Ask Funetical. I think he's been known to ride in a skirt. ;)
And? The breeze is nice.

I was arguing with my wife about how dudes should wear dresses, our junk is more susceptible to humidity issues, now when I go on rides she just laughs.

Used to be women on bikes was frowned on, now we can ride around half naked.

I've been on more than a few situations from hotties on the road, I know I'm not alone. Just point to them and shake you head, if the motorist is paying attention they will agree.

I'm programmed by thousands of years of evolution to stare them down like they are food and I am hungry, can't fight evolution, that's science.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
And? The breeze is nice.

I was arguing with my wife about how dudes should wear dresses, our junk is more susceptible to humidity issues, now when I go on rides she just laughs.
I saw dude in a skirt this weekend....I wasn't laughing:hate:

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I saw dude in a skirt this weekend....I wasn't laughing:hate:
I see it more often than I care to. Not that I care, I just wish someone would tell them to keep their legs closed.

They teach girl's that, we all sit bold legged for no reason.

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
And you drink beer and smoke cigars?
I'm pretty awesome if I must say so myself. Kidding. I grew up a tomboy. I cut the heads off my Barbies until my mom figured out how much money she was wasting and stopped buying them. My dad used to let me drink O'Douls with him as a kid too. I suppose that is why I am a beer snob today. Cigars. As long as it isn't crap, I enjoy a nice cigar from time to time. The first one I had was when a friend of mine was being shipped off to Iraq. I was taking him to his recruiter's office for the last time and we smoked a cigar to his departure. Can't say it was the best, but it piqued my interest in them.

Come on down to Tejas. We will scoop funetical (since you two seem to be buds) and go smoke some cigars and drink some decent beer!

I am now rambling when I should be working on other things....

edit: It's a college town! There's girls in teeny tiny skirt and shirts everywhere! If I had ran the light and a cop saw, that would have been my plea.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts