Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me your good Dog vs. Bike stories.

Had a dog run out at me....I did my typical swerve at the dog trick (which TYPICALLY scares them away) and we slammed into each other! He yelped and ran home, somehow I managed to stay up, yet had to limp hone on my busted rim with knees shaking.

Different time, different place....
I was riding merrily along when the dog came sprinting after his owner as he was driving away from their home. The dog saw me and changed course. I politely stopped to say hi to the nice puppy that was growling and foaming with lust for my ankle. Unfortunate for me, that I habitually clip out of the right side first....dog and soon to be owner on my left.
Owner pulls up and, with the calm, loving demeanor of a parent whose child does no wrong, asks FooFuu to go home and smiles at me.
FooFuu on the other hand heard nothing, as it had already scented the salted meat that was my leg.
I asked and driver refused to hold dog.
I pulled out my back up ........ pepper spray.
"Ohhh please don't spray my dog. It won't hurt you."
I calmly repeat my request that they leave the car an detain said harmless pup....who by now has a raspy voice from all the growling and barking and is pacing back and forth in a puddle of saliva.

Driver shakes head and pulls away.
Dog lunges.
Spray activated.
Dog runs home.
Another car drives by as I clip in....swirling pepper spray around my body as it rapidly fills lungs for the sprint away from FooFuu's turf.

Moral of story:
Keep away from FooFuu's Turf!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dos_Ruedas said:
Another car drives by as I clip in....swirling pepper spray around my body as it rapidly fills lungs for the sprint away from FooFuu's turf.
That sounds like they sprayed you in retaliation which is insane. You have an interesting way of writing, pretty cool. Crappy experience though. I've been in gas chambers but I don't know how that compares to pepper spray. I'm sure the spray is way more intense.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They didn't spray me.
The wind from their car swirled the mist into my face.
I rose away coughing and snorting all the while.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
The wife and I were rideing down the road when a lab from the outher side of the road came after us. He ran right thrugh trafic,I don't know how he did not get hit. The wife started hollering faster faster. as the dogs breath could be felt on her ancle. Just as the dog was about to take a bite, this big dump truck was evean with us, and I guess the driver seen what was going on and layed on the air horn. That dog put on the brakes so hard he must of scraped the hare off his a$$. he could not have stoped any faster and ran right back thrugh the trafic. I would like to thank that fast thinking truck driver. I have bin back that way and have not see that dog again, he was realy a mean sounding dog.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So funny that this post just came up... I just had the conversation of "wild dogs attacking bikers" with my mom thinking she was crazy for telling me to carry pepper spray on my rides. Lo and behold a week later I had my first canine encounter. Just a couple of ankle bikers but man could they run! Good thing their bark was worse than their bite. About a week after my encounter I biked past the same house unknowingly and once again the dogs came darting out. This time I decided to unclip and say hi praying that they weren't ferocious guard dogs. Luckily they came up with wagging tales and perked ears so I gave them a pat and sent them home. Definitely made me reconsider getting some pepper spray though... I got luck this time.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good stories!
Even though the county I live in has strict leash laws, many people in this very rural part of the state don't care for rules.
By the way. I am a dog lover.
Most dogs cannot resist the urge to charge the wheel or leg that moves it. Responsibility rests fully on the owners.
I do not advocate use of force, unless it is to protect from bodily harm. We will do well to remember these crazed animals ate someone's pets and that someone will be petting them eventually. Pepper spray will transfer and it could be to a child.
Still. To protect myself, i will use again.

Jeep the stories coming.

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
Honda CBR 600. Small, one lane road that winds through 10 miles of pure awesome turns. Dead end road. Stop, hear barking. Barking from left and right. Two great big Labrador Retrievers charging from each side. Hit throttle and spin tires. Back tire slips into unseen pothole covered with dried mud. Bike flips. Rider flips. Both dogs start licking rider after he's down. $1900 in damages. True story.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for laugh.
I hope rider wasn't hurt.
I used to race an F2 and later a GSX-R 600.
Ahh the fun.
Now I'm on to self propelled full time and loving it.
As said in days of old...keep it rubber side down.

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
Thanks for laugh.
I hope rider wasn't hurt.
I used to race an F2 and later a GSX-R 600.
Ahh the fun.
Now I'm on to self propelled full time and loving it.
As said in days of old...keep it rubber side down.
LOL, only my pride was hurt! Yeah, no motors for me, just self propelled and in the dirt :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts