Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the free portion but decided to do the 60 day trial to see about the other features. If it pans out I may subscribe, if not, nothing lost. I mainly use my Garmin Edge 1030 and the GC site for most everything but I do like seeing the segments and leaderboards with extended functions. But will it be like Sirius radio and I can live without it in the end???? Time will tell.

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
I'm a paid subscriber as well, have been for years. There are so many apps out there that you'd go broke just trying to support the ones you like. I opted to subscribe to support and hopefully grow their product. They seem to continue to try and stay updated. Some of things like the "Local Legend" ...meh, who cares :D

Wouldn't miss the paid subscription if I stopped it tomorrow tho.

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Updates? Care to share a user name there so we can follow?

Reactions: John_V

·
tall old member
1,586 Posts
I like the features of the paid version. I pay for that and Apple Music. I don’t have Amazon Prime, most of the benefits of that are for people with good broadband internet. Where I live I have barely broadband which I pay dearly for.
I’m John Fleet on Strava.

·
tall old member
1,586 Posts
I’m a sucker for the leaderboards and the myriad metrics they track: overall; people and groups I follow; by age, weight, and gender; and my own efforts over time.
Today I had my second fastest time on a hill climb segment I have done 44 times. My fastest time was nine years ago. I was thirty miles into my ride when I climbed that segment.

·
tall old member
1,586 Posts
People like Longjohn are the reason I never show up on leaderboards ...... so I never bother to look.
That was just compared to myself. Most of the other people are faster. The leaderboards will always show your standing. Kind of humbling sometimes. The paid version lets you see how you compare to others your age. Most of the others my age are still on the couch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts