Doing the Strava 60 day freebie

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Germanrazor, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Well-Known Member

I have been using the free portion but decided to do the 60 day trial to see about the other features. If it pans out I may subscribe, if not, nothing lost. I mainly use my Garmin Edge 1030 and the GC site for most everything but I do like seeing the segments and leaderboards with extended functions. But will it be like Sirius radio and I can live without it in the end???? Time will tell.

John_V, Dos_Ruedas and fpl1 like this.
  2. fpl1

fpl1 Well-Known Member Tavern Member

I think I’d miss strava but sure didn’t miss xm radio when I got rid of it. Haha

3. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Well-Known Member

I only really listened to a few XM stations and could not justify the cost. I even got them to just over $60 per year but in the end, not worth it.

fpl1, John_V, rola643 and 1 other person like this.
  4. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

I'm a paid subscriber as well, have been for years. There are so many apps out there that you'd go broke just trying to support the ones you like. I opted to subscribe to support and hopefully grow their product. They seem to continue to try and stay updated. Some of things like the "Local Legend" ...meh, who cares :D

Wouldn't miss the paid subscription if I stopped it tomorrow tho.

5. Merlincustom

Merlincustom Senior Member

I’m a sucker for the leaderboards and the myriad metrics they track: overall; people and groups I follow; by age, weight, and gender; and my own efforts over time.

John_V and Germanrazor like this.
  6. longjohn

longjohn tall old member

I’m still paying and I haven’t ridden in a year. I never expected this to go on so long.

John_V likes this.
  7. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Updates? Care to share a user name there so we can follow?

John_V likes this.