Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy sent me the link. Basically some guy stole Simon's bike. They saw it pop up on Craigslist, and they formed a "sting". They confronted the guy on video and got the Police involved.

I would be very upset/crushed if my Allez was stolen. The work that it took to purchase the bike as well as the relationship with the bike. I mean a lot of suffering goes on that machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-GVpIaPEGM&feature=player_embedded#!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh man darn bike thieves. He's lucky to have got it back. My mountain bike was stolen from me a while back and I was crushed. Totally affected me more than one might think. Oh man all the money in that bike and the sentimental value. Took me over a month to recover. Felt violated or something.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
curry said:
Oh man darn bike thieves. He's lucky to have got it back. My mountain bike was stolen from me a while back and I was crushed. Totally affected me more than one might think. Oh man all the money in that bike and the sentimental value. Took me over a month to recover. Felt violated or something.
Right. And not being able to ride while you replace the bike.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I lost a Bianci that way, my first real bike.
I feel a strong attachement to what I'm riding now seeing it was my sisters. It fits, it's fun. Zoom.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
steel bikes: good

steal bikes: bad

Sorry to hear so many have been treated so poorly by others--at least one multiple times over! I'd be madder than a wet hen if someone stole my bike. :hate:

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,144 Posts
I lost my first mtn bike to thieves back in college. Still sick over it, though the pain has faded with time. '87 Specialized Hard Rock Comp. Fire engine red. My first bike with gears. Come to think of it, I (my parents) bought it with insurance money+ from the theft of my ss BMX. I loved that BMX, but once I discovered you could have gears on a fat-tire bike, I never looked back. I grew up out in the sticks and skinny-tire road bikes just weren't an option. Funny that I'm finally becoming a pavement-rider...and would still love to have that old Specialized back <sigh>. Theft is not cool.

·
Registered
159 Posts
omnivox42 said:
Right. And not being able to ride while you replace the bike.
Yep your right about that. This was actually the event that got me into road bikes. But I love riding any bike really.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
newleaf150 said:
I lost my first mtn bike to thieves back in college. Still sick over it, though the pain has faded with time. '87 Specialized Hard Rock Comp. Fire engine red. My first bike with gears. Come to think of it, I (my parents) bought it with insurance money+ from the theft of my ss BMX. I loved that BMX, but once I discovered you could have gears on a fat-tire bike, I never looked back. I grew up out in the sticks and skinny-tire road bikes just weren't an option. Funny that I'm finally becoming a pavement-rider...and would still love to have that old Specialized back <sigh>. Theft is not cool.
Think we need a moment of silence for those er lost......

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,502 Posts
I been away but I got acquitted on a technicality.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,502 Posts
Ha! I just came from there. Still the best thread here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts